Visa Requirements for Foreigners/Application Requirements/Forms
Every person entering Malaysia must possess a valid Passport or internationally recognized Travel Document. The document shall be valid, for more than six (6) months from the date of entry into Malaysia.
Who require visa (Please see at http://www.kln.gov.my/?m_id=53)
The above nationals are required to apply for visa to enter Malaysia. A visa is an endorsement in a passport or other recognized travel document indicating that the holder has applied for permission to enter Malaysia and that permission has been granted. Visa which has been granted is not absolute guarantee that the holder will be allowed to enter Malaysia. The final decision lies with the Immigration Officer at the entry point.
VISA APPLICATION – REQUIREMENTS
1. Two (2) copies of visa forms to be filled and signed – may be hand-written;
Visa application forms may be downloaded from http://www.imi.gov.my
2. Two (2) passport size photographs (white background);
3. Validity of passport/ travel document must be for more than 6 months from the date of entry into Malaysia;
4. Copy of passport with UAE residency visa page from Applicant/Sponsor (for individuals/family members);
5. Letter of ‘No Objection’ from Company/Sponsor (for individuals/family members);
Applicants who are self-employed/ operating own business may produce a copy of trade licence.
6. A Copy of Labour Contract or Salary Certificate (AED 4000) of applicant/sponsor for spouse/children of sponsors;
If the salary of the applicant is stated in the letter of ‘No Objection, there is no need to produce salary certificate.
7. Confirmed hotel booking in Malaysia;
Option of staying at relatives/ friends’ house in Malaysia requires following supporting documents:
(i) Letter of Invitation to stay (addressed to the Consulate General of Malaysia, Dubai) from a relative/ friend to the Applicant indicating full residential address in Malaysia;
(ii) Copy of passport/ Malaysian identity card of the person issuing the Letter of Invitation and
(iii) Copy of Sale and Purchase Agreement or Tenancy Agreement in respect of the stated residence under the name of the person issuing the Letter of Invitation or utility bills bearing the name and address of the person issuing the invitation.
8. Copy of flight itinerary showing confirmed return ticket
9. For Business visa application, an invitation letter is required. For multiple entry business visa application, an interview would be conducted;
The above constitute minimum requirements – additional documents may be requested.
Under normal circumstances, visa applications shall be processed in two (2) working days.
Indian Nationals: Single entry is AED 65 & multiple entry is AED 130
Other Nationals: Single entry is AED 25 & multiple entry is AED 50
Submission hours: 8:30am to 11:00am (Sun. to Thu.)
Collection hours: 1:30pm to 2:30pm (Sun. to Thu.) Next working day
Visa on Arrival
How to Apply:
1. 1 set of form IM. 47 - Pin. 1/97
2. Confirmed return ticket
3. To provide address in Malaysia
VOA Is Issued At The Following Entry Checkpoints:
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Sepang
Penang International Airport, Penang
Senai International Airport, Johor
Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar (Second Link), Tanjung Kupang, Johor
Bangunan Sultan Iskandar, Bukit Chagar, Johor Bahru, Johor
Duration Of Stay :
Who Is Not Eligible for VOA
1. Citizens of African countries as follows :
( i ) Angola
( ii ) Burkina Faso
( iii ) Burundi
( iv ) Cameroon
( v ) Central African Republic
( vi ) Cote d'Ivoire
( vii ) Republic Congo
( viii ) Democratic Republic of Congo
( ix ) Djibouti
( x ) Equatorial Guinea
( xi ) Eritrea
( xii ) Ethiopia
( xiii ) Guinea - Bissau
( xiv ) Ghana
( xv ) Liberia
( xvi ) Mali
( xvii ) Mozambique
( xviii ) Niger
( xix ) Nigeria
( xx ) Rwanda
2. Citizens of Afghanistan**
3. Citizens of Colombia
4. Citizens of India**
5. Citizens of Israel
6. Citizens of Pakistan**
7. Citizens of Republic of Montenegro
8. Citizens of Republic of Serbia
9. Citizens of Sri Lanka**
Yellow Fever Certificate
Yellow fever certificate is required to be produced upon landing in Malaysia for countries as listed below:
Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Djibouti, Equador, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Venezuela, Zaire and Zambia.
Department of Immigration, Malaysia
Directive No. 32/2011 pertaining to conditions for issuance of Visa Without Reference for Afghanistan nationals
In accordance with the letter of issuance No. KDN(S) : 03/426/1-94 (25) dated 7 July 2011, the Ministry of Home Affairs has issued a directive that Afghanistan nationals that may be considered for the issuance of a Visa Without Reference (VWTR) at the Malaysian Embassies/ High Commissions abroad and exempted from the payment of a Security Bond are as follows:
1. Diplomatic passport holders
2. Official passport holders
3. Ordinary passport holders on official government duty (Government to Government) on condition of acquiring a letter of endorsement from the Afghanistan embassy in Malaysia
4. Ordinary passport holders liaising with Government Linked Companies (GLC) on condition of producing documentary evidence and acquiring a letter of endorsement from the Embassy of Afghanistan in Malaysia and
5. Businessmen and investors on condition of providing documentary evidence and acquiring a letter of endorsement from the Embassy of Afghanistan in Malaysia.
A fee of RM 20.00 shall be charged for each visa issued. Diplomatic and Official passport holders are exempted (GRATIS).
All categories of Afghanistan nationals other than mentioned above shall apply for Visa With Reference (VWR) with a local sponsor in Malaysia and shall be charged a Security Bond based on normal immigration conditions.
Note: All Malaysian embassies/ High Commissions abroad are required to submit statistics of the issuance of the Visa Without Reference for all categories of applicants as stipulated above to the Visa, Pass and Permit Section of the Immigration Headquarters, Putrajaya every month for record purposes.