REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE
i) One form JPN.KC 06 to be completed
ii) Marriage Certificate (Copie Intégrale de l’Acte de Mariage) and translation
iii) Two (2) recent photograph
iv) Passport and copy
v) Malaysian Identity Card and copy
vi) Fees of five(5) Euros
vii) Marriage photograph
Registration of marriage can be made after 6 months of delay, a sum penalty will be charged for the late registration.
1. What is the procedure if I wish to get married to a French citizen?
· Birth Certificate (translated to French)
· Statutory Declaration
· Marital Status Letter
· Certificate de Celibat
· Certificate de Coutume
1. Before the Embassy of Malaysia can deliver you a Certificate de Celibat and the Certificate de Coutume, you will need to obtain a Statutory Declaration.
2. The Statutory Declaration can be obtained from the Commissioner of Oath in Malaysia or at the Embassy of Malaysia in Paris.
3. Once the Statutory Declaration has been acquired, the original copy has to be sent to the Marriage and Divorce Department in Putrajaya in order to obtain the Marital Status Letter. If he/she is Muslim, he/she or his/her member of the family will have to go to the Islamic Department at his/her country to get the “Application for Permission to Marry”.
4. After receiving the Marital Status Letter, it has to be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Putrajaya.
5. After that, you can send the document by post or in person to the Embassy of Malaysia in Paris. There will be a charge of EUR10 for the Certificate de Celibat and Certificate de Coutume. If you prefer to send by post, please include postal charges.
When all these steps have been achieved, the Embassy will be able to issue the Certificat of Celibat and the Certificat of Coutume
REGISTRATION OF BIRTH
Registration of birth has to be made in within one (1) year after the date of birth. The father and the child are to be present for the registration and the documents required are as follows:
a) Completed Registration of Birth Form (Borang D)
b) Birth Certificate (Copie Intégrale) issued by the French Authority (Mairie) and translation
c) 2 passport-sized photographs (Child)
d) Copy of Malaysian passport of both parent
e) Copy of Malaysian identity card of both parent
f) Copy of resident card(Carte de Séjour) of both parent
g) Copy of Marriage Certificate
h) Fees of 12 Euros
Rd/01 March 2017