Contact Us MFA Directory English Bahasa Melayu
Documents originating from Malaysia such as Statutory Declaration, Certificate of Origin, Power of Attorney, School Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc. requires authentication by the Consular Division before submission to various Foreign Missions for endorsements. Under normal circumstances, documents submitted can be collected on the same day or at the latest the following working day.
Application can be made at the Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the following address:
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS MALAYSIA
NO 1, JALAN WISMA PUTRA
TELEPHONE NO : (603)-8000 8000
E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Monday – Thursday 8.30 am – 4.00 pm
Friday 8.30 am – 12.00 noon
2.45 pm – 4.00 pm
The requirement for the authentication at Consular Division is as follow:
1. For authentication service applicant need to show IC/Passport.
2. Endorsement of documents (import/ export)
3. Endorsement of the following documents must be certified by the Notaries Public:-
4. As for the documents issued or approved by Federal Government or State, Ministry, Department Local Governments it could be certified without second endorsements such as passport, birth certificate, death certificate, land registration and excreta.
5. As for the certificates from schools, colleges, and private universities including from overseas need to be certified by one of the following parties:-
6. As for the original copy of school certificates, colleges and public universities, second endorsement is not required. Original document is required for the certification of true copy. However, if the original copy could not be presented, the copy of certificates must be endorsed by the Ministry/Department of Education/ Principal/Dean of Universities concerned with the name print, position and stamp of the Ministry/ Department/ University and etc.
7. As for Malaysian Citizens only, a letter of Single Status Declaration could only be certified from National Registration Department, Islamic Development Department, Malaysia (JAKIM) and State Religious Department. Exception to Muslim women, Oath taking, Muslim Commissioner of Oath would be accepted/ certified. A letter of Single Status Declaration for other nationalities must be first certified by Embassy/ High Commission/ foreign Consulate concerned in Malaysia or certified by Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate General/ Consulate of Malaysia in respective countries.
8. The endorsement of documents which have been translated from Malay to another language or otherwise, need to be translated by one of the following:-