DEPARTMENT OF POLICY PLANNING AND COORDINATION
The Department was initially established as a Division dealing with policy issues concerning ASEAN, sub-regional groupings and regional security. Over the years, the Division's role and functions have been revised to meet the changing needs of the Ministry.
2. In January 2015, the Department of Policy and Strategy Planning and the Department of Coordination and Implementation were merged as the Department of Policy Planning and Coordination following the restructuring exercise of the Ministry.
3. The role and functions of the Department are as follows:
i. Monitor and analyze developments in international politics, economy and other issues affecting
Malaysia's foreign relations;
ii. Plan and provide recommendations to ensure that policies and strategies are in line with Malaysia's
iii. Develop, review and monitor the implementation of the Ministry's Strategic Plan;
iv. Act as an interface between the Ministry and other Government Agencies on matters such as the National
Transformation Agenda; and
v. Act as Secretariat for Parliamentary Sessions, Heads of Mission Conference and the Strategic Plan
Monitoring and Evaluation Committee.
4. The Department is headed by a Director-General and two Deputy Director-General, and divided into two (2) Divisions, namely Policy and Strategic Planning (PSP) and Coordination and Performance Evaluation (CPE).
5. PSP is responsible for providing and coordinating inputs on issues related to Malaysia's foreign policy by cooperating closely with the various Departments and Agencies of the Ministry. The Division provides the Ministry with analytical assessments on foreign policy issues by taking a longer term strategic view of current regional and global trends adn develops the Ministry's Strategic Plan in ensuring policy integration with short, medium and long-term objectives. It also acts as a liaison between the Ministry and other Government agencies, civil society organizations, academia, think-tanks, other groups as well as individuals in exchanging views on international strategic issues related to Malaysia's interests.
6. CPE is reponsible for coordination of matters related to the Ministry's Transformation Plan and organizational improvement such as certification of MS ISO 9001:2008, promoting the culture of innovation among the officers and staff, Star Rating System as well as performance evaluation, including the various Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the Ministry. The Division also coordinates responses during Parliamentary Sessions and for the Meetings of the Council of Rulers and Chief Ministers.
7. On the overall structure, the Department of Policy Planning and Coordination consists of one (1) Director-General, two (2) Deputy Director-Generals, six (6) Directors, ten (10) Assistant Directors as shown in the Organizational Chart.
Click Image for Enlarge
MFA EMERGENCY HELPLINE