The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia was established in 1956. Initially it was named as the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA). A pioneer batch of 11 career diplomats was sent for training in Britain and Australia to man the Ministry. In 1966, the Ministry was renamed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was relocated from its original home at the Moorish-styled Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad, in Kuala Lumpur to a new complex known as Wisma Putra in Kuala Lumpur, a name in honour of YTM Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj, our nation’s first Prime Minister and Foreign Minister. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs began operation from its current complex at No. 1, Jalan Wisma, Precint 2 in Putrajaya on the 17 September 2001. The old Ministry's building at Jalan Wisma Putra in the Kuala Lumpur was taken over by the Institute of Diplomacy and Foreign Relations (IDFR).
Federal SecretariatWismaPutraBuildingWisma Putra Complex
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia
Wisma Putra, No 1, Jalan Wisma Putra,
Precinct 2, 62602 PUTRAJAYA
This site is best viewed with a resolution of 1280 x 800 (or higher) and supports Firefox 7.0+ or Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0+.
The Government of Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the usage of any information
obtained from this portal.
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved - Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia