MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MALAYSIA
You may proceed to our office at High Commission of Malaysia, Gate 2, Satya Marg, Chanakyapuri to apply for renewal of passport. The documents required for a passport renewal application are:
· Current Passport with 2 copies of biodata page;
· Original and 2 copies of Malaysian Identity Card/MyKad;
· Completed form (available from our office or http://www.imi.gov.my/images/pdf/Borang%20Permohonan%20Pasport.pdf);
· Original and copy of supporting documents (Indian Long Term pass/visa/Residential Permit/OCI/PIO card/voting card etc);
· 2 recent passport size photographs with white background (face should be 70-80% pf photo);
· Fee in Cash of Rs 4000, or Rs 2000 for senior citizens (above 60 years)/first degree students below 21 years of age / Children below 12 years of age;
· Children below 18 of age needs to submit along parents’ Malaysian Passport.
Processing of passport takes 1 – 3 months.
Emergency Certificate for Lost Passport
You may proceed to our office at High Commission of Malaysia, Gate 2, Satya Marg, Chanakyapuri to apply for an Emergency Certificate. The documents required are:
· Fee in Cash of Rs 1000;
· Original and 2 copies of Malaysian NRIC (MyKad), or 2 copies of passport (if available).
If all documentations are in order, the Emergency Certificate will be issued on the same day.
NEW PASSPORT / PASSPORT RENEWAL APPLICATION
The following are the documents required for Malaysian passport application* :
(i) Original passport (renewal application only);
(ii) Malaysian Identity Card / MyKad (original and copy);
(iii) Passport Application Form (IMM.42-Pin.1/97);
(iv) 3 recent passport size photograph (in light blue background);
(v) Parents’ identification (Passport / I/C / MyKad - for children below 12 years) (original and copy);
(vi) Additional supporting document(s) – Residential Permit, Indian long term visa, PIO card, ration card, voting card (if any) (original and copy); and
(vii) Payment of passport fee : INR4,100.00 (Adult), INR2,050.00 (Children – below 12 years)
* Passport is processed in three months. In certain circumstances, it will take longer than that.
Application can be submitted at:
(i) Consular Counter
High Commission of Malaysia
50-M, Satya Marg
Chanakyapuri 110 021 - New Delhi
Bussiness Hour : 8.30 am – 1.00 pm, 2.00 pm - 4.30 pm
(Monday – Friday)
Tel. No. : +91 11 26111291/92/93/97 ext. 223/206
Fax : +91 11 2412 1084
(ii) Malaysian Consulate General,
No. 44, Tank Bund Road
CHENNAI - 600 034
Tel: +91 44 2822 6888 / 2822 6895
Fax: +91 44 2822 6891
(iii) Malaysian Consulate General,
No. 4-B, Floor, Notan Plaza,
Turner Road, Bandra (West),
MUMBAI - 400 050
Tel: +91 22 2645 5751 / 2645 5752.
Fax: +91 22 2645 5750
Applicant must be present for every new passport / passport renewal application.
Please be advised to renew the passport in Malaysia if you are not going back to Malaysia in 4 years time. Please check whether the duration of stay outside Malaysia from the last date you leave Malaysia and the date you want to renew your passport. If it is more than 4 years, please apply for passport renewal in Malaysia.
i) Malaysian International Passport issued in Malaysian High Commission New Delhi is a manual passport i.e. old version of Malaysian International Passport (without chip).
ii) The passport issued by Malaysian High Commission in New Delhi MUST be replaced immediately with the Malaysia Electronic Passport (chipped passport) after the bearer return to Malaysia.
iii) Only 32 pages Malaysian International Passport is issued in Malaysian High Commission New Delhi.
PHOTOGRAPH REQUIREMENTS (FOR MALAYSIAN PASSPORT APPLICATION)
8. Passport size
9. 35mm wide by 45mm high
10. Without border
11. Taken within the last 3 months
12. Full face without headgear
(Unless the applicant habitually wears a headgear in accordance with his / her religious or racial custom but the headgear must not hide the applicant’s feature.)
13. The facial image must be from chin to crown
14. Light blue background.
* Scanned photos are not at all acceptable. If photograph found to be scanned, visa will be rejected.