- The Consulate General of Malaysia, Jeddah was established on 5th September 1985.
- The Consulate office was originally located at the Al-Ruwais District, Jeddah and in May 1992 moved to the present location at Lot 241, Al-Mualiffin Street, Al-Rehat District, Jeddah 21421, KSA.
- The Consulate has the strength of 8 home based staff headed by the Consul General and supported by 13 local staffs. There are 4 other agencies established in Jeddah, i.e. Immigration Department situated within the Consulate; whereas MATRADE, Tourism Malaysia and Tabung Haji within the commercial centre of Jeddah.
Past Consul General :
- Dato' Zainal Zain (1986-1989)
- Dato' Abdul Wahab Harun (1989-1991)
- Dato' Zulkifli Abdul Rahman (1991)
- Dato' Mohamad Takwir Mohamad (1992-1997)
- Dato' Syed Hussain Abdul Kadir Al Habshi (1997-2000)
- Dato' Syed Sultan Idris (2000-2002)
- Dato' Zulkifli Yaacob (2002-2005)
- Mr. Tajul Aman Mohamad (2005-2007)
- Mr. Syed Mohamad Bakri Abdul Rahman (2007)
- Dato' Hidayat Abdul Hamid (2007-2011)
The entire Western Region is under the Consulate jurisdiction. Total size of Saudi Arabia is 2.15 million sq km. Half covers Western Region ranging from Tabuk until Jizan provinces. Covering coastline over 2,000km.