Add of married name or change of name into observation page in Malaysian Passport
Married name and change of name in country of residence can be done by the Immigration Department of Malaysia in London High Commission Office. If you wish to have your name added into your passport please submit the following documents upon submission of your application of new Malaysian Passport:-
1. Original and 2 copies of Malaysian Marriage Certificate.
2. Original and 2 copies of Identity Card issued by the authority in country of
3. Original and 2 copies of the extract from the local authority in english
regarding change of name. In Sweden, ´personbevis` is the proof.
4. Any other relevant documents
1. Original of documents are not required to be submitted if copies of the documents have been certified true copies by the Malaysian Honorary Consulate in country of residence.
2. It is advisable to add the change of name at the same time when you apply for a new passport.
3. If applicant wishes to have the new name in the 1st page of passport, applicant must get the Malaysian Identity Card changed first at the local ´Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara` in Malaysia. And before applying for a new Identity Card, the applicant must make a Sworn Declaration in the presence of a Commissioner of Oath in Malaysia. Please be informed that the name of bearer in 1st page of passport will follow according to the name in the Identity Card.
4. Please enclose postage fees for return of passport(s) with registered mail, with acknowledgement slip (AVI).
EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA
Date: 12th June 2007