MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MALAYSIA
Registration of Births
According to provisions of Article 14(1)(b), Part II, Second Schedule, Section 1(c) of the Federal Constitution, a child born in Turkey whose father at the time of birth is a Malaysian citizen is required to be registered at the Embassy within one year from the child's date of birth.
Apart from bringing the child to the Embassy, the following are also required to be presented to the Embassy at the time of registration:
· An application form (obtainable from the Embassy)
· Child's birth certificate
· 2 coloured photos of the child
· Parents' passports
· Parents' identity cards (applicable to Malaysians only)
· Parents' marrriage certificate
· A registration fee of RM 20.00 (payable in equivalent amount in local currency)
· A fee of RM 10.00 for Form W (payable in equivalent amount in local currency)
Registration of Marriages
Non-muslim Malaysians in Turkey may elect either to be married under local laws or at the Embassy according to the provisons of the Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce) Act 1976.
Malaysians who contracted a marriage under local laws are required to register their marriages at the Embassy within 6 months from the date of the marriage or at the nearest office of National Registration Department of Malaysia within 6 months from the date of arrival in Malaysia.
Requirements for marriage registration are as follows:
· 2 recent coloured photos
· Identity card (applicable to Malaysians only)
· Proof of marriage e.g. a marriage certificate issued by competent Turkey authority
· A fee of RM 20.00 (payable in equivalent amount in local currency)
Those who wish to contract a marriage at the Embassy are required to call at the Embassy in person to submit the following:
· 3 marriage declaration forms (obtainable from the Embassy)
· 3 recent coloured photos
· A letter/certificate of single/marital status (if single)
· A divorce certificate or a decree nisi for divorce (if a divorcee)
· A death certificate of late spouse (if a widower)
Application will be put on notice for a period of 21 days. A marriage solemnisation will only be performed if no caveat is received from any member of public during the 21 days notice period. A marriage register will be issued after the marriage solemnisation and a fee of RM 30.00 (payable in equivalent amount in local currency) will be collected.