Birth/Marriage Certificate Registration Birth/Marriage Certificate Registration

Marriage Registration



Malaysian residing overseas may register their marriage at any Malaysian Mission on the conditions:

  • At least one of the couple is a Malaysian citizen.
  • Registration of marriage need to be made within the period of six (6) months after the marriage ceremony.


Complete Form:

  • JPN.KC 06 (please download and complete form clearly in black or blue ink)

      Both husband and wife are required to appear in person when submitting the application form.




Hours of Operations:

Phone Services

09:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Monday to Friday except Holidays)


Submission by appoinments

09:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Monday to Friday except Holidays)

Submission by third party

09:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Monday to Friday except Holidays)


Walk-in document collection

09:30 AM - 12:00 PM (Monday to Friday except Holidays)



 **Applicants are strongly encouraged to make an appointment prior to the submission to avoid any difficulties.



To make an appointment, please click Here



Documents required are as follows:

  1. Original and copy of Marriage Certificate
  2. Original and copy of Malaysian Identity Card
  3. Original and copy of Birth Certificate
  4. Original Passport and copy (If your spouse is not Malaysian Citizen, please submit a copy of passport and birth certificate)
  5. One (1) recent passport size photograph of you and your spouse. See photograph requirements.
  6. Fee of U.S.$34.00 should be remitted by Money Order/Cashier's Check. Made payable to Consulate General of Malaysia. Note: A penalty of US$17.00 per year will apply if fail to register within the 1st year from the date of marriage.
  7. For the return of your passport, please complete the mailing address information form and provide a separate U.S$12.00 Money Order/Cashier's Check made payable to FedEx



The Consulate is not responsible for documents lost in mail.



*NOTE: All marriages performed in the Islamic Religious Rights do not need to register their marriage with the Consulate. Marriage registration can be done in Malaysia at any Registration Department, but all Marriage Certificate issued in the U.S. must first be certified by the Malaysian Consulate/Embassy. Marriage Certificate from another country must be certified by the respective country’s Embassy, Consulate or Foreign Ministry in the U.S.