APPLICATION FOR A NEW/RENEWAL OF MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
Please bring/submit the following:
1. Completed and signed application Borang Permohonan Pasport (IM.42).
2. Completed and signed Registration of Malaysian Citizens in the USA form.
3. Original current Malaysian Passport.
4. Original & copy of your Malaysian Identification Card (or certified true copy* from Malaysia. Front and back.)
5. Original & copy of your Malaysian Birth Certificate (or certified true copy* from Malaysia).
6. Original & copy of your Malaysian Citizenship certificate or card (or certified true copy* from Malaysia) - only for applicants who were born before 1957 and do not have Malaysian Birth Certificate.
7. Original & copy (or certified true copy) of Proof of Status in the U.S. (i.e. Permanent Resident Card or Valid U.S. Visa).
8. Three (3) recent, standard passport size photographs (Please ensure photo is not too dark or light) (Strictly Blue Background only).
9. Passport fees:
10.1 Children under 12 years & Students between 19-21 years with F-1 Visa (sponsored by Malaysia Government only): (equivalent to RM150.00)
10.2 Others: (equivalent to RM300.00)
We accept either cash or money order * only, payable to the Consulate General of Malaysia.
10. For children's passport applications (under 18 years) please include:
11.1 Original & copy of either Father's or Mother's Malaysian Identity Card (or certified true copy* from Malaysia)
11.2 Original & copy of parents' Malaysian Marriage Certificate (or certified true copy* from Malaysia)
11.3 Original & copy of the child'sMalaysian Registration of birth (Borang W)
* Certified true copies are accepted ONLY from Malaysia if obtained from:
(a) any Immigration office
(b) any Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara office
(c) Wisma Putra
* Money Orderis accepted ONLY from:
(a) The United State Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)
(b) Western Union