MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MALAYSIA
Embassy of Malaysia
3516 International Court, NW, Washington DC 20008
Tel: (202) 572-9700, Fax: (202) 572-9882, Email: email@example.com
ARREST / DETENTION / DEPORTATION BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES
1. Relative / family / acquaintance makes a written report about the arrest / detained / deported person at the
Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the following address:
Consular Division Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia Wisma Putra No. 1, Jalan Wisma Putra Precint 2 62602 PUTRAJAYA MALAYSIA Telephone No. (603) 8887 4000
2. Among the information required for the report are as follows:
- Name of the arrested / detained / deported person - Passport and Identification Card Number - Date and place of arrest / detained / deport - Telephone number of place of arrest / detained / deport - Cause of arrest / detention / deport
3. The Consular Division will seek assistance from the respective Embassy to investigate.
The family will be notified of result of the investigation.
4. If the family requires legal assistance or need to visit the arrested / detained person, the application needs to
be submitted to the Consular Division. All cost incurred will be borne by the family.
5. After completion of sentence (if found guilty), the person will be deported back to Malaysia.
In some countries, cost of deportation will be borne by the country concerned. In others, the family needs to bear
- Deposit the required amount to the Consular Division.
- The family will be informed of the details of arrival.
- The family will have to wait to receive the person at the airport