Announcement for Foreign travelers entering Malaysia (as of 21 September 2020)
Please be informed that the Government has made the decision to allow expatriates and their dependents, including foreign maids to expatriates (including those from Mexico) who are holding a valid long-term pass and/or has obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia.
The category of the passes are as follows:
1. Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependent/s
2. Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
3. Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
4. Dependent Pass to expatriate for all categories
5. Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP) to expatriate for all categories
6. Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
Therefore, effective 21 September 2020, any expatriate listed above is required to apply for Entry Permission or Approval to Exit and Return to Malaysia via MYEntry system in ESD (esd.imi.gov.my). However, any expatriate who wish to exit Malaysia and will not return to Malaysia during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) may proceed without applying for approval via MYEntry.
The following are the entry requirements that must be complied at the entry points:
1. Still holding a valid pass/approval of pass application;
2. Present the Entry Approval Letter or Exit and Return to Malaysia Approval Letter that is still valid (within 60 days from the issuance date including Entry Approval Letter or Exit and Return Approval Letter that has been issued before 7 September 2020), and the expatriate must return to Malaysia within that duration with a valid pass;
3. Obtain a Visa with Reference (VDR) for countries that require a visa to enter Malaysia;
4. Comply with the quarantine requirement set by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA);
5. Entry Approval Letter that has been issued earlier is still valid within 60 days from the issuance date;
6. Expatriate who fails to comply with any of the above will be denied entry, pass cancelled and blacklisted in the Immigration system.
For detailed information, kindly refer to the full guidelines below:
- Entry Permission to Malaysia https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/n_entry1_1.pdf
- Permission to Exit and Return to Malaysia https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/n_entry1_2.pdf
- Infographic of Entry / Exit and Return to Malaysia https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/n_entry1_3.pdf
- List of Approving and Supporting Agencies https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/n_entry1_4.pdf
Further details and latest immigration rules can be obtained via https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/latest-news/announcement/entry-hold-my-permission-updates/