Login Form

Visitors Counter

mod_vvisit_counterThis week1
mod_vvisit_counterLast week0
mod_vvisit_counterThis month1
mod_vvisit_counterLast month0
mod_vvisit_counterAll days2204

We have: guests online
Your IP:
Today: Jun 06, 2020
FAQs PDF Print
Article Index
Page 2

Some frequently asked questions:


1. How to determine whether the chemicals which we are producing / importing / exporting are controlled under the Convention?

A chemist working in your company/facility is the best person to assist you in determining those chemicals. The Secretariat of the National Authority Chemical Weapons Convention could also be consulted for advice.


2. Which Ministry/Agency in Malaysia is responsible to issue the Authorization or Licence for import/export of scheduled chemicals?

For Schedule 2 and 3 chemicals, the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) remains the authority to issue the import and export licence. The CWC Act 2005 specifies that an importer or exporter of Schedule 1 chemicals has to obtain an Authorisation from the National Authority. After the Authorisation has been obtained, the applicant may proceed to MITI to apply for the import/export license. However, there are a few Scheduled Chemicals listed under the CWC Act 2005 which are under the purview of other agencies: Arsenic Trichloride – Pharmaceutical Services Division, Ministry of Health Amiton, Hydrogen Cyanide and Chloropicrin – Pesticide Board, Ministry of Agriculture


3. Do we need a licence to produce Scheduled Chemicals and DOC?

Under the CWC Act 2005, licence is not required to produce chemicals listed under the Schedule 2, 3 and DOC. Authorisation is required to produce Schedule 1 chemicals and it can be obtained from the National Authority.


4. We intend to sell Scheduled Chemicals and DOC to another company in Malaysia. Do we require a licence?

No licence is required for the sale of chemicals under the Schedule 2, 3 and DOC. Authorisation to sell or transfer Schedule 1 chemicals can be obtained from the National Authority.


5. Do we require an End User Certificate (EUC) to export Scheduled Chemicals?

The EUC is only required when a company intends to export Schedule 3 chemicals to a state not party to the Convention. Schedule 1 and 2 chemicals shall not be exported to any state not party to the Convention. EUC is not required for trade between states which are party to the Convention.


Best View With Internet Explorer 6.0+, Resolution 1024x768 pixels, Medium Font Size.
Copyright © 2010 Perfect Companion (M) Sdn. Bhd., All rights reserved.