APPLICATION FOR NEW INTERNATIONAL MALAYSIAN PASSPORT (PMA) AND PASSPORT RENEWAL
1. Malaysians residing in the UAE can have their passports renewed, either through the Embassy in Abu Dhabi, or Consulate General in Dubai. Application must be done in person at any of the missions.
2. The Government of Malaysia effective on 15 January 2015 has decided the issuance of PMA for 2 years to be repealed. Only PMA for 5 years will be issued from the above-mentioned date.
3. Documents needed;
a) For Adults / above 12 years old
· Passport Application form (IMM 42-Pin 1/97) to be filled and signed (obtainable from the Embassy)
· 2 passport size Photos (white background)
· Current Passport copy
· IC Copy
b) Application for citizens below 18 years old
· Passport Application form (IMM 42-Pin 1/97) to be filled and signed or thumb printed (not required for those below 12 years old)
· Parents consent Form (IMM 42 A1) to be filled and signed by either parents or legal guardian
· Photos ( white background)
· Child’s Birth Certificate and Borang W (if born abroad)
· Child’s current Passport copy (if any)
· Parents’ passport copy
· Parents IC copy
· Marriage certificate copy
· Passport Charges
c) Certificate of Good Conduct
· 3 passport copies (for non Malaysian: the copies should include Malaysia visa page)
· 3 copies of the application form
· 3 passport size photographs
· Fees is AED 100.00
4. The overall rates that have been decided are as below:
· Normal applicant (13 years to 59 years old) - RM200.00
· Elderly applicant (60 years and above) - RM100.00
· Children below 12 years old - RM100.00
· Under graduate students below 21 years - RM100.00
· Hajj delegates - RM100.00
· Disabled person - Exempted / gratis
5. The rates are also applicable to any case involving loss of passport or defect.
6. Attestation fees:
· AED 25 will be charged for attestation of the relevant document copies
Note : Passport application will normally take between 2-3 months from the date of application until handing over the new passport to the applicants. The duration is due to the documents and passports being couriered for approval to the Department of Immigration Headquarters at Putrajaya through the Consulate General’s diplomatic bag schedule, which runs once a month.
7. All document copies must be proven against the original document.
8. All charges in AED are derived from the current month’s rate issued by the Accountant General of Malaysia.
(Borang Permohonan / Pembaharuan Paspot)
*please print on both side of an A4 paper
*printing on two pieces of paper will not be accepted