ANNOUNCEMENT: UPDATE ON APPOINTMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
With immediately effect, the High Commission of Malaysia in Canberra will be introducing an online booking system for appointments for the following:
- Passport application
- Emergency Travel Certificate (EC)
- Visa application
You are now able to secure your bookings for appointments via the online portal at: http://sto.imi.gov.my/atase/Canberra/
- Please ensure you possess all the required documents before making a booking for an appointment to avoid rejection of the application.
- Hold a valid Long-Term Visa in Australia- e.g Permanent Resident (PR), Student Visa, Working / Professional / Bussiness Visa (issued and recognized by Australia Immigration with at least 6 months of validity period);
- Do not hold Protection Visa / apply Bridging Visa A/C/E (Class XA / Subclass 866);
- Clear from Immigration Blacklist / Suspected List (SL);
- Do not Hold Dual-citizenship; and
- Not under Australia Border Force (ABF) investigations / observation/ sanctions.
- The High Commission of Malaysia in Canberra has the right to reject applicants who fail to comply with the above requirement(s)
- Kindly also note, that The High Commission of Malaysia in Canberra does not impose any penalty for having an expired Malaysian Passport
- As we work to address this situation and facilitate fellow Malaysians as best as we can, your kind understanding and patience on this matter is highly appreciated.
More information on application Passport / Emergency Travel Certificate / Visa is available in the High Commission of Malaysia in Canberra Website: