HIGH COMMISSION OF MALAYSIA, CANBERRA
JOB VACANCY : IMMIGRATION CLERK (FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
The High Commission of Malaysia, Canberra is seeking to appoint a pro-active immigration clerk to support the running and operation of the High Commission.
Job Category Clerical (Operations)
Job Subcategory Immigration Clerk
Job Description Main purpose of job:
(Roles and Responsibilities)
To assist Immigration Attaché with daily operations:
- To receive and process
- Passport Applications (including lost and damaged);
- Sabah Baby Passport Applications
- Emergency Certificate (EC) Applications;
- Emergency Certificate (EC) Applications from Australian Immigration (DIAC);
- To receive and process Visa Applications;
- To receive and process Updated Child Photograph in Passport Applications;
- To answer telephone and email inquiries;
- To record appointments for Passport and Visa Applications;
- To attend internal meetings;
- To manage document stock and filing of Immigration documents.
Essential qualifications, skills
- Good written and spoken English;
- Trustworthy and possesses high personal integrity;
- Flexibility and ability to work during weekends and public holidays (if required).
Type of Position Fixed Term, Full-Time
Working hours per week 38
Duration of Post 24 months, subject to renewal / extension of project
Salary AUD3,745.00 per month + 10.5% superannuation
and annual leave loading.
Start Date 1 July 2023
End Date 31 June 2025
Other benefits and
Conditions of employment This position is being advertised as a 24 months
fixed term position, and will be extended, subject to
performance and availability of funding.
Appointment is subject to:
- AFP records check and security clearance.
- Passing of medical check-up at own cost.
Application deadline Wednesday, 31 May 2023
Submission of application Your application must be submitted via email before 12:00 pm, 31 May 2023.
You must include a cover letter and a current CV
with a recent passport photo.
Completed application to be emailed to email@example.com with the subject:
APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRATION CLERK
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview within 7 days of closing date.