TRAVEL ADVISORY: UPDATED REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELLERS RETURNING TO MALAYSIA
|[UPDATE ON LATEST REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELLERS RETURNING TO MALAYSIA ]|
Person Under Surveillance (PUS) Quarantine: Pre-Arrival Process:
I. Download, Complete and sign the Letter of Undertaking and Indemnity (LoU).
- The LoU form can be found here:
II. Please submit the following documents at least three (3) days before your date of departure via email to one of the email address listed below:
ᴉ To speed up your application process, please submit all required documents to the most relevant email address. Incomplete documents will not be processed. For your information, we receive and process a large number of application and priority will be given to the application for the next flight out from Melbourne. Normally applicant will received Travel Notice via email 2 days before flight date.
III. Subject to approval; a Notice of Travel entitled “Letter of Permission to travel to Malaysia” will be issued by the Consulate to the applicant via email. The letter will have a validity of one (1) month. If you change your flight/route, you may still use the same letter as long as the date is still valid.
- Sample of Notice of Travel entitled “Letter of Permission to travel to Malaysia” can be viewed here: bit.ly/SampleLoP
IV. Print and Present the “Letter of Permission to travel to Malaysia” and the LoU during the flight check-in process.
V. Download, register and activate the MySejahtera App prior to your departure.
- Link to download: https://mysejahtera.malaysia.gov.my/intro_en/
VI. ᴉ Effective 15 November 2020, all travellers coming into Malaysia are required to make payment for COVID-19 Test before departure via online. Upon completion of payment, travellers will be provided with the QR code that is used by Government of Malaysia for entry verification.
Payment for COVID-19 Test, please follow link: https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/
QUARANTINE: Upon arrival in Malaysia, he/she is subject to 10-days mandatory quarantine (if he/she does not have a negative result for PCR Covid-19 swab test within 72 hours prior to arrival in Malaysia) or 7-days mandatory quarantine (if he/she has a negative result for PCR Covid-19 swab test within 72 hours prior to arrival in Malaysia) at a government-designated quarantine hotel (direct premium package arrangement with hotels listed by NADMA is allowed).
Guidelines for quarantine process / fee / centres:PLEASE CLICK HERE / KLIK DI SINI
MySejahtera Quarantine QR Code : Please CLICK HERE
- Additional Requirement for Malaysians / Malaysians with Australian PR / Australian:
- Additional Requirements for Non-Citizens:
ᴉ Please take note that ‘Letter of Permission to travel to Malaysia’ is not an absolute approval to enter Malaysia. Approval to enter Malaysia is subject to existing Malaysian Immigration rules and regulations.
Malaysia is currently only allowing Malaysian Citizen, Resident and foreign travellers (& dependents) with existing Long-term Passes to enter. All overseas visa facility (tourism/social/study) has been suspended for non-Malaysian to enter Malaysia until further notice. The decision for granting approval is strictly at the jurisdiction of authorities in Malaysia.
Please be in touch with our Immigration Department in Malaysia to submit your request for approval to enter Malaysia:-
Ibu Pejabat Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia Putrajaya
(Immigration Department Putrajaya, Malaysia)
Tel: +603-8880 1555
Expatriate Service Division (ESD): https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/
- FOR ALL TRAVELLERS: It is NO LONGER REQUIRED to undergo COVID-19 Test prior to departure*. (*Subject to airlines’ requirements)
- For Malaysian Citizens: Refusal to sign the LoU or failing to pay the Quarantine cost will be subject to consequences under 31(2)(q) Akta Pencegahan dan Pengawalan Penyakit Berjangkit 1988 [Akta 342].
- Further information on arrival process, please refer to the flowchart: bit.ly/PusFlowchartEng and
- Please ensure your LoU Application is sent to the relevant Embassy/Consulate. Please refer to the following diagram: bit.ly/MYMissionsinAUS
- Should you require more clarification, please contact the National Operation Management Centre:
Address: Pusat Pengurusan Operasi Negara MKN
(National Operation Management Centre)
Aras LG, Block Barat, Bangunan Perdana Putra
62502 Putrajaya, Malaysia
Tel: +603 8888 2010 / +603-8888 2104 (24 hrs), +603 8000 8000, +603 8881 0600, +603 8881 0700
We thank you for your understanding and kind cooperation in light of the current COVID-19 situation.
Disclaimer: Consulate General of Malaysia in Melbourne will fully adhere, but not be held liable for any breach of conduct in relation to the restrictions, if you choose to attend our office. You are solely responsible for any arrangements required by your respective State Government to perform your journey. The Consulate urges all Malaysians to adhere to all the rules imposed by the Victoria Government and all relevant authorities involved.