Implementation of eVisa to Chinese and Indian Passport Holders Residing in Oceanic Region
The Malaysian Government will implement the eVisa programme for People’s Republic of China and Republic of India passport holders residing in the Oceanic region starting from the 1st of November 2016.
The eVisa programme was firstly introduced by the Malaysian Government to facilitate tourists from the People’s Republic of China travelling to Malaysia since January 2016. The implementation of the eVisa system is carried out in three phases starting with Chinese nationals residing in Mainland China, followed by the second phase that includes Chinese nationals residing outside Mainland China, and eventually with the final phase, which incorporates other countries such as India. More nationalities will be introduced in phases in 2017.
The eVisa is a single entry visa applicable only for the purpose of travelling and tourism in Malaysia, with the maximum length of stay 30 days. The eVisa is only valid for three months from the date of approval and applicants must enter Malaysia before the visa ends. It is advisable that the eVisa is applied two weeks before the proposed travel date. Other type of visas will still need to be applied in person at any of the Malaysian Representative Offices in the host countries.
Starting from 1st November 2016, Chinese and Indian tourists residing in the Oceanic region can visit www.windowmalaysia.my, the only official website for Malaysian eVisa application, to apply and submit relevant documents. A processing fee will be incurred apart from the visa fee itself. Applicants will be alerted via email on their eVisa approval within 24 hours during working days. Applicants need to self-print the eVisa and bring it with them when travelling to Malaysia.
Please refer to the table attached for more simplified information regarding the eVisa.
A quick guide for e-VISA application
Application can only be made online at www.windowmalaysia.my
Who qualifies to apply for eVISA?
· People’s Republic of China nationals in Oceania countries
· Republic of India nationals in Oceania countries
Purpose of travel to Malaysia
Can stay up to
30 Days with no extension
Visa validity period
3 months (must enter Malaysia before visa ends or need to re-apply)
Entry & Exit Points in Malaysia
All gazetted entry points in Malaysia
Required documents for application
· Biodata page of passport
· Latest white background passport size photographs of the applicant in jpeg format
· Confirmed ticket into & from Malaysia / travel itinerary
· Right of Abode (re-entry visa to country of residence)
· Payment must be made upon submission of eVISA application.
· The issuance of eVISA is subjected to the approval of Immigration Attaché Office in Consulate General of Malaysia in Melbourne as the regional hub for Oceanic region.
· In the event of doubt or suspicious application, applicant may need to supply further documents or be called for an interview at the office or via skype
· All information will be communicated via email. Therefore, please be alert on any incoming emails from visamalaysia.org.
· Applicant needs to self print the approved eVISA and must be presented upon arrival at the entry points in Malaysia.
· Please be informed that apart from the eVISA printout, other documents may need to be presented at the entry points such as:
- Sufficient expenses to cover the whole duration of stay in Malaysia
- Return flight ticket
- Proof of accommodation