- Registration of Birth
Malaysians born abroad can be registered at any Malaysian Mission on the conditions :
- Father of the child is a Malaysian Citizen
- Registration is made within one (1) year from the date of birth
- Date of birth/age
- Address in home country
- Address of relative that can be contacted
Register the birth at the nearest Malaysian Mission. Addresses of Malaysian Missions is available in the main page of this website. Apart from bringing the child to the
Mission, documents required for registration are as follows (original and copy) :
- Passports of parents
- Identification Cards of parents
- Birth Certificates of parents
- Birth Certificate of child and proof of marriage (photograph or invitation card if available)
- Acknowledgement letter from the hospital where the child was born
Form W (letter for birth abroad) will be issued by the Mission. A copy will be sent to the National Registration Department of Malaysia to be recorded.
Note: For registration made beyond the period of one (1) year after the birth, process 1 - 2 still applies. The Mission will forward the application to the National Registration Department of Malaysia for approval. Feedback of the application (approved or otherwise) will be notified to the applicant.
- Registration of Marriage and Marriage Ceremony
Marriage can be registered at the Malaysian Mission if at least one of the couple is a Malaysian citizen.
Registration of marriage need to be made within the period of six (6) months after the marriage ceremony. Addresses of Malaysian Missions is available in the main page of this website.
Supporting documents required for registration are as follows :
- Passport of the couple (original document and photostat copies)
- Malaysian Identification Card
- Marriage Certificate
- Prove of marriage (photograph or invitation card if available)
- Two (2) witnesses that had witnessed the marriage
Registration will be processed by the Mission and two (2) copies of the Malaysian Marriage Certificate (original and a photostat copy) will be issued to the couple.For non-muslims, marriage ceremony can be conducted by a Consulate Officer who is appointed by the National Registration Department of Malaysia. A letter of acknowledgement of the marital status of the couple (Single/Widow/Widower) is required for the ceremony.