APPLICATION FOR RENEWAL OF MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
Malaysians in Brazil may renew their passports through the Embassy. Applicants are advised to submit their applications well ahead of time (e.g. 3 months before the passport expires or when the passport has less than 3 empty pages left) as the application has to be referred to the Immigration Department of Malaysia to be processed.
Application must be made in person at Consular Section of the Embassy between 9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. on any working days. Requirements for passport application are as follows:
- An application form IM.42 (obtainable from the Embassy or from the following link:
- Three (3) recent identical photographs with plain white background (35mm x 50mm) as below specification;
- Current passport;
- Malaysian identity card;
- Birth certificate, Form W or Form H;
- Proof of having legal residence in Brazil, Guyana and Suriname; and
- Passport fee of *RM200.00 (32 pages) payable in equivalent Brazilian Reais or US Dollar.
(A special fee of *RM100.00 is extended only to children below 12 years old, senior citizens above 60 years old, students under 21 years old who are able to produce a proof of studying abroad and pilgrims who could produce a letter of offer to perform hajj issued by Lembaga Tabung Haji or any travel agency appointed by Lembaga Tabung Haji at the time of application. Passport fee for disabled citizens of Malaysia is gratis).
Malaysians residing in Guyana and Suriname may submit their applications using a prepaid DHL courier service. Passport fee can be wire transferred to the Embassy’s bank account. You may contact the Embassy for the account details.
*Note: Specification of photos for Malaysian International Passport
LOSS OF MALAYSIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
Any loss of passport must be reported to the Embassy immediately.
Documents to be submitted:
- Police report with English translation by a certified translator;
- Malaysian Birth Certificate (original and 2 photocopies);
- Malaysian Identity Card (original and 2 photocopies);
- Letter from the employer in English (original and 2 photocopies)- if applicable;
- Letter from University/Institute/College in English (original and 2 photocopies)- if applicable;
- Four (4) recent identical coloured photographs, size 35mm x 50mm; and
- Copy of the lost passport (if available).
*Note: All Fees are payable in equivalent Brazilian Reais or US Dollar and subject to the current exchange rate.
For further information, please contact the Embassy of Malaysia in Brasilia at +5561 3248 5008 / 6215 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com