The High Commission’s limitations include but not limited to:-
• Investigate scam cases/crimes/missing persons/deaths. You should report such case to the relevant authorities yourself.
• Help you find a job overseas.
• Provide legal advice.
• Provide interpreter, telephone, internet or photocopy services.
• Apply on your behalf and obtain identity card, extract of birth certificate, import permit, retirement program visa (Malaysia My Second Home - MM2H)/other residency visa, licences, work permit, etc.
• Interfere with judicial affairs on your behalf in child custody cases in mixed marriages.
• Intervene in private court proceedings or legal matters including employment disputes, commercial disputes and family law matters.
• Pay or guarantee payment of your hotel, medical or any other bills, including the cost of returning lost luggage to Malaysia.
• Provide accommodation at Malaysian Missions or the homes of officers overseas.
• Act as travel agent, bank or post office or store your luggage.
• Get you a better hospital condition.
• Intervene in relation to customs or quarantine requirements and regulations.
• In the event of any arrest/detention of Malaysian citizens, the High Commission will not be able to:-
i) give legal advice;
ii) intervene in court proceedings or provide funds to pay for your legal costs of fines;
iii) do something that is against the local law to help you; and
iv) be involved with the host government's affairs to get you out of prison or obtain special treatment in prison, bail or pay for fines nor become a bailsman, guarantor or sponsor.