DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR BIRTH REGISTRATION
- Application BORANG D in TWO COPIES duly SIGNED BY THE FATHER
- Your child’s original Birth Certificate (please see note below)
- You and your wife/husband’s original Identity Card
- You and your wife/husband’s original Malaysian passport
- You and your wife/husband’s original Birth Certificate
- Your original Marriage Certificate
- Two (2) passport photos of the child (white background)
- Permanent Resident Card (FATHER ONLY) (front and back)
- A money order for C$________being fee for Birth Registration to be made to the High Commission of Malaysia (no personal cheques entertained) Please call us for the current fee.
- A self-addressed envelope with sufficient stamps to cover the return of your documents by registered mail.
NOTE: PARENTS AND CHILD MUST APPLY IN PERSON TO THE HIGH COMMISSION OF MALAYSIA, OTTAWA.
IF PARENTS NAMES ARE NOT INDICATED IN THE CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE, PLEASE PRODUCE THE STATEMENT OF LIVE BIRTH FROM THE REGISTRAR OF BIRTHS WHEREIN THE PARENTS NAME APPEARS ON IT.
REGISTRATION SHOULD BE DONE WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF BIRTH. FOR APPLICATION SUBMITTED AFTER ONE YEAR, IT IS CONSIDERED LATE AND WILL BE REFERRED TO MALAYSIA FOR APPROVAL.
High Commission of Malaysia
60 Boteler Street
Tel. No. 613-241-5182
Last modified: 21 August 2015
APPLICATION FOR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
[Law Reform (Marriage and Divorce Act. 1976)]
A citizen of Malaysia who has contracted a marriage abroad, not being a marriage solemnized by a Malaysian authority under this Act, shall,
a. Within six months after the date of such marriage, appear before the nearest or most conveniently available Registrar abroad: AND
b. Register such marriage
Where before the expiry of six months under paragraph (a) above, either or both parties return to Malaysia and the marriage was not registered, such person shall:
a. Within six months of arrival in Malaysia, appear before any Registrar: AND
b. Register such marriage
Where the parties to a marriage who are required to register under this Act have not appeared before a Registrar within the above mentioned period, the marriage may, upon application to the Registrar, be registered on payment of such penalty.
Citizens of Malaysia, residing in Canada and who wish to register their marriages may do so at the High Commission of Malaysia. Documents required:
1. Malaysian Passports
2. Malaysian Identity Card and if spouse is not Malaysian, Passport or Birth Certificate issued by their respective government
3. 2 passport sized photos of each spouse
4. C$___________ being the fee (no personal cheque accepted)
5. Application form JPN.KC 06 to be completed in two copies
6. Marriage Certificate issued by the Canadian authorities or etc.
7. Prepaid envelope (express post from Canada Post)
*** All applicants must apply in person at the High Commission of Malaysia, 60 Boteler St., Ottawa.
Please also note when an application for marriage registration is more than 6 months late from the date of marriage, you must contact the High Commission of Malaysia further details and penalty fee.
Phone No: (613) 241-5182
Last modifed: 21 August 2015