APPLICATION OF CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT BY FOREIGNER
APPLICATION OF CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia wishes to inform that application of Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC) MUST be done online and the process will take approximately 1 to 2 months to complete.
Pre-Condition for foreigner applicants:
Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a period of AT LEAST TWELVE (12) CONSECUTIVE MONTHS under long term social visit pass (i.e.: employment pass, student pass, spouse of Malaysian, expatriate pass)
Steps for CGC application:
1. Log on to the E-Consular service at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia website available at the following link: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/online or https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my/
2. Complete the online form and click SUBMIT.
3. Print Application Acknowledgement Slip.
4. Check application status from time to time using the same ID and password
used in Step 1.
5. For SUCCESSFUL application: (Status states ready for collection meaning the application has been approved)
High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa requires the following documents to be sent to our office to issue the Certificate:
a. Online status check form or email approval which states ready for collection;
b. Money Order for C$10.00 payable to the High Commission of Malaysia
c. Online Application Form
d. Self-addressed return envelope by express post from Canada Post
e. Copy of your passport where in your personal particulars appear
6. For UNSUCCESSFUL application, please contact Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
High Commission of Malaysia
60 Boteler Street
Last modified: 29 September 2020