DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A NEW MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
PROCESSING TIME IS 10–12 WEEKS AS ISSUANCE OF PASSPORT IS DONE IN MALAYSIA.
- Application FORM (IM42-Pin 1/97)
- Original Current Passport
(NOTE: MALAYSIAN GOVERNMENT DOES NOT ACCEPT DUAL CITIZENSHIP)
- Original Malaysian Identity Card (MYKAD)
- Original Birth Certificate (optional)
- Original Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
- Two (2) recent colored passport photos measuring 35 mm x 50 mm with a WHITE BACKGROUND taken from the studio; see attached photo specification
- For Permanent Residents, copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back)
- For Visitors or on Work Permit (Proof of valid status in Canada)
Example: Copy of visitor’s visa or work permit (if applicable)
- For students, please produce a valid student permit.
- Affix your right thumb print on form IM42
- A money order for C$ ________ is the fee for new passport, payable to the High Commission of Malaysia (no personal cheques accepted).
Please call us for the current fee.
- Complete the enclosed registration form for Malaysians in Canada;
- A self-addressed envelope with sufficient stamps to cover the return of your documents by registered mail or (express post envelope) with signature sticker available at Canada Post
NOTE: APPLICANT MUST COME IN PERSON TO THE HIGH COMMISSION.
PLEASE CALL US PRIOR TO COMING TO OTTAWA AT 613-241-5182.
BRING ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AND 2 COPIES OF IDENTITY CARD & PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD (FRONT AND BACK), BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND PASSPORT.
High Commission of Malaysia
60 Boteler Street
Tel. No. 613-241-5182
Last modified: 2 December 2019