DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A NEW MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
APPLICATION HAS TO BE MADE IN PERSON AT THE HIGH COMMISSION
Documents to be submitted:
- 1 copy of Passport Application Form (IM.42-Pin.1/97) which can be downloaded here or obtained at the High Commission of Malaysia.
- Original Malaysian International Passport with 2 photocopies of the information pages 1-2.
- Original Malaysian Identity Card with 2 photocopies (front and back).
- Original valid Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) Card with 2 photocopies (front and back). If you DO NOT possess a valid Canadian PR Card, you are required to produce a Search Letter from the Canadian Immigration Citizenship (CIC) Department confirming that you have not acquired Canadian Citizenship (not applicable to those below 18 years of age) OR
- Those on Student Visa, please produce a letter from your university, college or school, confirming that you are a bona fide student together with your valid original study visa issued by the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) Department with 2 photocopies OR
- Those on work visa, please produce your valid original work visa issued by the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) Department with 2 photocopies.
- 3 recent colored photographs with white background (print name behind photos) see attached photo specification here.
- Fee: cash only – see below
- Applicants below 60 years old: C$65.00
- Applicants below 12 years old: C$33.00
- Applicants above 60 years old: C$33.00
- Additional Documents For Children Under 18 years old and first time applicants.
- 1 copy of Parents Consent Form Borang A1/B1 (IM.42A-Pin1/93 ) can be obtained at the High Commission
- Original Birth Certificate with 2 photocopies. Applicable also for first time applicants
- Original Parents’ Passports with 2 photocopies of pages 1-2
- Original Parents’ Malaysian Identity Cards with 2 photocopies (front and back on 1 page)
- Original Parents’ Permanent Residence Card /Work Permit/Study Permit with 2 photocopies
- Original Parents’ Marriage Certificate with 2 photocopies
DUE TO COVID-19, APPLICANT CAN SEND THEIR APPLICATION BY MAIL
VIA EXPRESS CANADA POST
A self-addressed prepaid envelope to cover the return of your documents by (Xpresspost envelope) available at Canada Post.
Note: Processing takes ten (10) to sixteen (16) weeks
High Commission of Malaysia
60 Boteler Street
Tel. No. 613-241-5182
Last modified: 21 January 2021