DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A NEW/RENEWAL OF MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
PROCESSING TIME IS 10 –12 WEEKS
DUE TO COVID-19, APPLICANT CAN SEND THEIR APPLICATION BY MAIL VIA EXPRESS CANADA POST.
NOTE: APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION IN PERSON MUST BOOK APPOINTMENT PRIOR TO COMING TO OTTAWA BY EMAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org BRING ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AND 2 COPIES OF IDENTITY CARD & PERMANENT RESIDENTCARD (FRONT AND BACK) AND PASSPORT.
- Application FORM (IM42-Pin 1/97). Click here.
- Original Current Passport
(NOTE: MALAYSIAN GOVERNMENT DOES NOT ACCEPT DUAL CITIZENSHIP)
- Original Malaysian Identity Card (MYKAD)
- Original Birth Certificate (optional)
- Original Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
- Two (2) recent colored passport photos measuring 35 mm x 50 mm with a WHITE BACKGROUND taken from the studio; see attached photo specification here.
- For Permanent Residents, copy of Permanent Resident Card (front and back)
- For Visitors or on Work Permit (Proof of valid status in Canada)
Example: Copy of visitor’s visa or work permit
- For students, please produce a valid student permit. (clear copy is accepted)
- A money order or bank draft being the fee payable to the High Commission of Malaysia as follows:
Applicants below 60 years old
Applicants below 12 years old
Applicants above 60 years old
- Complete the enclosed registration form for Malaysians in Canada
- Affix your clear thumb print on form IM42
- A self-addressed prepaid envelope to cover the return of your documents by (Xpresspost envelope) available at Canada Post.
High Commission of Malaysia
60 Boteler Street
Tel. No. 613-241-5182
Last modified: 29 September 2020