Updated Guidelines on Entry Into, and Quarantine in Malaysia as of 20 May 2021
Dear Malaysians and friends in the Hong Kong and Macao SARs,
GUIDELINES ON ENTRY INTO, AND QUARANTINE IN MALAYSIA
• All travellers (Malaysian/non-Malaysian and vaccinated/unvaccinated) from Hong Kong or Macau to Malaysia must undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days at government-designated quarantine hotels upon arrival in Malaysia.
• All travellers from Hong Kong or Macau to Malaysia must present a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 test result (nasopharyngeal swab test) upon arrival in Malaysia. The test must be done within 72 hours of your departure to Malaysia. For the list of HK-government recognised testing centres, please see: https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/.../List_of_recognised... . For Macao, please see: https://eservice.ssm.gov.mo/rnatestbook/V21/?lang=en&lab .
• Travellers to Malaysia are no longer required to submit the LOU to the Consulate-General prior to travel to Malaysia, or to the Malaysian authorities upon entry into Malaysia.
• Travellers to Malaysia are also no longer required to obtain the Travel Clearance Letter from the Consulate-General. The Travel Clearance Letter is no longer a requirement to enter Malaysia (except if you enter Malaysia from Singapore by land).
• Non-Malaysians are still required to obtain the relevant entry approvals (MyTravelPass or relevant Immigration Department of Malaysia approvals) to enter Malaysia. See: https://www.facebook.com/MALAYSIAinHongKongMacao/posts/2709765602624401 or https://www.facebook.com/MALAYSIAinHongKongMacao/posts/2824377284496565
• All travellers into Malaysia may pay their Covid-19 screening test charges and quarantine costs online. Please visit https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/ for more details. Travellers may choose a government designated hotel for quarantine, or opt for a "premium" hotel. Quarantine charges start at RM150 per day. Please present your hotel booking upon arrival in Malaysia.For more details, see: https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/pdf/MySafeTravel%20FAQ.pdf.
• Travellers are required to download and activate the MySejahtera App (https://mysejahtera.malaysia.gov.my/intro_en/) before departure to Malaysia.
• Travellers will undertake Covid-19 testing on day-10 of quarantine. Travellers will be released from quarantine on day-14 if the test is negative.
• Travellers should also check with their airlines to ensure they comply with airlines-specific Covid-19-related policies prior to boarding.