(Effective 1 May 2021)
Malaysians and Non-Malaysians travelling to Malaysia are no longer required to submit the Letter of Understanding (LOU) and Letter to Perform Journey to Malaysia (Travel Notice), issued by the Embassy of Malaysia in Prague, upon entry to Malaysia.
Other existing entry requirements into Malaysia remain unchanged.
REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER MALAYSIA
(Malaysians and Non-Malaysians)
- Visa and Entry Approval Letter (Non-Malaysians only);
- Application for visa can be done at the Embassy of Malaysia in Prague through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on visa requirement, please visit https://www.imi.gov.my/portal2017/index.php/ms/perkhidmatan-utama/visa/keperluan-visa-mengikut-negara.html
- Application for the Entry Approval Letter can be done via:
- MyEntry: https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/ ; or
- MyTravelPass: https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main ; or
- Expatriate Services Division (ESD): https://myentry.myxpats.com.my/app/ ; or
- Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) – for business travellers: https://www.mida.gov.my/media-release/one-stop-centre-osc-for-business-travellers/ .
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test results within 72 hours prior to departure. The test results must have English translation;
- Download, install, register and activate MySejahtera mobile application before arrival;
- Use the MySejahtera mobile application to scan a QR Code upon arrival at the International Entry Point (PMA);
- Undergo mandatory quarantine at designated quarantine centres/selected premium quarantine facility and another COVID-19 PCR test. All cost will be borne by traveller(s) and must be paid upon arrival (Malaysians only) or online before departure (Non-Malaysians) via:
- MySafeTravel: https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/ ; or
- MyQr by MyEG mobile application.
TRAVEL TO MALAYSIA
Malaysia’s borders have remained closed since 18 March 2020 for tourist and social visits. Entry into Malaysia is allowed for the following categories, subject to the fulfilment of entry requirements:
- Malaysians and their dependent(s) who are currently abroad. This also applies to Non-Malaysian wife/husband/children of a Malaysian national/Permanent Resident (PR) who do not possess a valid Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP). Please visit https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main?termConditionN3G for additional information.
- Expatriate with Active Passes & New Approved Pass:
- Resident Pass-Talent (RP-T) and dependant(s);
- Employment Pass (Category I, II and III);
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP);
- Dependant(s) to expatriates for all categories;
- Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP);
- Foreign Maid to Expatriates for all categories.
- International Students:
Please visit https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my/guidelines/travel-authorisation-form-base.html for additional information.
- Short-Term Business Traveller:
Please visit https://safetravel.mida.gov.my/entry-permission/short-term-stay/ for additional information.
1 May 2021