APPLICATION FOR A NEW / RENEWAL OF MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
Renewal of passport can be done at the Embassy of Malaysia in Helsinki preferably 3-4 months before the date of expiry.
However, please be reminded that it is a usually a standard practice that there should remain at least six months of validity on a passport for visa application for most countries. Therefore, passport holders are reminded to take into consideration the six months requirement in addition to the 3-4 months periods for the passport renewal itself.
For your information, the Embassy does not issue the passport but forward the application to London (High Commission of Malaysia, UK) processing time two or three (2-3) month or might be take longer due to pandemic situation COVID-19 for RM200.00 or RM100.00.
1. Original Passport ;
2. Two (2) x photocopy of residence permit (currently valid visa to Finland, Latvia or Estonia ) ;
3. Two (2) x photocopy of biodata page of passport (1st page) ;
4. Original Malaysian Identity Card or Birth Certificate (Borang W) ;
5. Two (2) x photocopy of Malaysian Identity Card or Birth Certificate (Borang W) ;
6. Passport Application Form IM.42 (filled out during visit) or can print and the link https://www.imi.gov.my/portal2017/images/borang/Pasport/Borang%20Permohonan%20Pasport.pdf
7. Three (3) x passport-sized photos (in colour with WHITE background, 3.5cm x 5cm) ;
8. Application fees (please read payment instructions below)* ;
9. EUR 20.00 in cash for postage.(Receipt will be provided by POSTI)
Please note if the passport applicant is under 18 years old the following additional documents are needed:
1) Form A1/B1 (filled out during visit)
2) Malaysian Identity Card (of guardian parent)
3) Parents' Malaysian Marriage Certificate OR
4) Divorce Certificate and Child Custody Order from court (applicable if parents are divorced)
* PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
A) Adult above 18 years old / Dependant 12-18 years old
- RM 200.00 (to be paid in EUR cash based on the currency exchange rate determined by the Accountant General of Malaysia)
B) Dependant below 12 years old / newborn baby
- RM 100.00 (to be paid in EUR cash based on the currency exchange rate determined by the Accountant General of Malaysia)
Please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy to obtain the official RM-EUR exchange rate before submitting the application. Please bring the exact amount of EUR as the embassy does not hold cash for change.