The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia wishes to inform that application of Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC) MUST be done online and the process will takes approximately 1 to 2 months to complete.
Pre - Condition for Foreigners:
Foreigners who wish to apply for CGC MUST have resided in Malaysia for a period of AT LEAST TWELVE (12) CONSECUTIVE MONTHS under long term social visit pass (i.e. employment pass, student pass, spouse of Malaysian, expatriate pass)
Steps for CGC application:
1. Log on to the E-Consular service at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia website available at the following link: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/online
2. Complete the online forms and click SUBMIT
3. Print Application Acknowledgment Slip
4. Check Application status from time to time using the same ID and password used in STEP 1.
5. For SUCCESFUL application:
- CGC collection at the Counter at any of the Malaysia Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General, please bring along the following:
i) Application Acknowledgment Slip
ii) Cash payment equivalent to Ringgit Malaysia twenty only (RM20.00); and
iii) Letter of Authorization for collection on behalf of the applications
For UNSUCCESFUL application, please contact Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia or the Malaysian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General abroad for further information.