LATEST GUIDELINES ON ENTRY TO AND QUARANTINE PROCESS IN MALAYSIA
Malaysians and other eligible travellers to Malaysia are required to comply with the following entry and quarantine regulations:
1. Mandatory quarantine at a government-designated hotel upon entry into Malaysia. Quarantine charges start at RM150 per day depending on the chosen designated hotel.
2. Travellers will be allocated to a hotel for quarantine, or may opt for a "premium" hotel (http://www.nadma.gov.my/ms/component/sppagebuilder?view=page&id=190) . Please present the hotel booking upon arrival in Malaysia.
3. All travellers into Malaysia may pay their Covid-19 screening test charges and quarantine costs online. Please visit https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/ for more details (including list of premium hotels). The online mode of payment is compulsory for non-Malaysians, and recommended for Malaysians. For more details, please see: https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/pdf/MySafeTravel%20FAQ.pdf
4. Travellers are required to fill in the Letter of Undertaking (LOU) (http://www.nadma.gov.my/images/nadma/documents/garispanduan/LETTER_OF_UNDERTAKING_AND_INDEMNITY_24_July_2020_rev_Dec_2020.pdf?fbclid=IwAR22lowYFU4M_ucMpmBUv7KllbL6cSpGFVbr2QyMkeAEwqIRr9VzDDBUwpA) and email it to the High Commission of Malaysia in London (firstname.lastname@example.org). The High Commission will issue (via email) a travel notice for the traveller to present to the airlines / airport authorities / immigration authorities (as applicable).
5. Travellers are required to download and activate the MySejahtera App (https://mysejahtera.malaysia.gov.my/intro_en/) three days before departure to Malaysia.
6. Travellers must register with the MySejahtera Quarantine app. within 3 days before departure to Malaysia (http://www.nadma.gov.my/ms/info/pendaftaran-kemasukan-ke-malaysia).
7. Travellers to Malaysia with a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 test result are to quarantine for 7 days in Malaysia. The RT-PCR Covid-19 test must be done within 72 hours of departure to Malaysia.
8. Travellers that do not have a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 test result, will have to undertake a Covid-19 test upon arrival at KLIA. The traveller will have to quarantine for 10 days.
9. Travellers should also check with their airline whether the airline’s policy require them to undergo a Covid-19 test prior to boarding.
10. For the guidelines in full, please see:
11. FAQ Travel Requirements Under the New Norms
High Commission of Malaysia