MFA Directory English Bahasa Melayu
THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE CONSULTATIVE COUNCIL
ON FOREIGN POLICY
Following the endorsement by the Cabinet, the Consultative Council on Foreign Policy (CCFP) has been formally established under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The CCFP serves as a platform for the Government to solicit views and inputs from stakeholders, including Civil Society in formulating suitable policy approaches that have impact on national interests. The outcome of CCFP deliberations may be used as inputs by the Government in determining the appropriate approach on certain aspects of foreign policy.
2. This is in line with the Government’s emphasis on consultation as a cornerstone of its approach in discharging its responsibilities, including the formulation of policies that have bearing on and would impact the rakyat. The establishment of the CCFP is a clear manifestation of the Government’s commitment to enhance cooperation with various stakeholders, particularly in formulating foreign policy in a more transparent, open and inclusive manner.
3. The CCFP is comprised of 15 members, with YB Foreign Minister as Chair of the Council. Other members include YB Deputy Foreign Minister, Secretary-General of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 2 senior MFA officials and 10 representatives from Civil Society.
4. Members from CCFP were chosen based on expertise and experience in their respective fields which have bearing on foreign policy. Mindful of the ever dynamic state of contemporary international relations, the wide-ranging perspectives brought to table by CCFP members could greatly assist the Ministry in formulating a more principled, inclusive and dynamic foreign policy.
21 October 2018
CONSULTATIVE COUNCIL ON FOREIGN POLICY
Representatives of the Government (MFA)
1. YB Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah
Minister of Foreign Affairs
2. YB Senator Dato’ Marzuki Yahya
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
3. YBhg. Dato’ Seri Ramlan Ibrahim
4. YM Raja Dato’ Nushirwan Zainal Abidin
Deputy Secretary-General (Bilateral Affairs)
5. YBhg. Dato’ Kennedy Jawan
Deputy Secretary-General (Multilateral Affairs)
Representatives from the Civil Society