MFA Directory English Bahasa Melayu
FORMATION OF THE CONSULTATIVE COUNCIL ON FOREIGN POLICY
In line with YAB Prime Minister’s call for tangible deliverables from Cabinet Ministers within the first 100 days, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) has formed and hosted its first official meeting of its Consultative Council on Foreign Policy (CCFP) today. The meeting was chaired by myself comprised of 15 members, including the Deputy Foreign Minister, MOFA’s Secretary-General and two senior officials along with 10 other Malaysian representatives from various backgrounds.
The Consultative Council serves as a platform for its members to provide their views and inputs in the process of formulating foreign policy that aligns with our national interests. The creation of the CCFP follows an open and consultative (Syura) approach in the process of implementing our foreign policy.
The appointment of CCFP members is based on their vast knowledge and experience in their respective fields. The combination of expertise from within the government and externally will contribute to the process of creating a pragmatic and sustainable foreign policy to face our immediate challenges, especially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is also hoped that this will ensure our foreign policy reflects the concept of the “Malaysian Family” that emphasises on the people’s prosperity.
DATO’ SAIFUDDIN ABDULLAH
3 SEPTEMBER 2021
LIST OF MEMBERS OF THE CONSULTATIVE COUNCIL ON FOREIGN POLICY:
1. YB Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah Minister of Foreign Affairs
2. YB Dato’ Kamarudin Jaffar Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
3. YBhg. Dato' Sri Muhammad Shahrul Ikram Yaakob Secretary General Ministry of Foreign Affairs
4. YBhg. Dato’ Dr. Ahmad Faisal Muhamad Permanent Representative of Malaysia to the United Nations Office and other International Organisations in Geneva
5. YBhg. Tan Sri Dr. Jemilah Mahmood Former Under Secretary General for Partnerships at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
6. YBhg. Dato' Ts. Dr. Haji Amirudin Bin Abdul Wahab Chief Executive Officer CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM)
7. YBhg. Dato' Low Kian Chuan President National Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia (NCCIM)
8. YBhg. Prof. Datuk Dr. Denison Jayasooria Co-Chair Malaysian CSO-SDG Alliance
9. Mr. Jerald Joseph Commissioner Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (SUHAKAM)
10. Mr. Herizal Hazri Chief Executive Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS) Malaysia
11. Mr. Fabian Bigar Chief Executive Officer Strategic Change Management Office (SCMO) for MyDigital
12. Mr. Mahadzir Aziz Chief Executive Officer Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
13. Dr. Dian Diana Abdul Hamed Shah Assistant Professor National University of Singapore (NUS)
14. Dr. Chee Yoke Ling Secretary General Third World Network (TWN)
15. Mr. Ahmad Fahmi Mohd Samsudin Chief Executive Officer Global Peace Malaysia