BIRTH / MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE REGISTRATION
REGISTRATION OF BIRTH
All Malaysians born out of Malaysia must be registered at an Embassy, High Commission or Malaysian Consulate in person. Forms must be original and are available at each facility. Please refer to: www.jpn.gov.my. Under the heading ‘Core Business - Birth’.
Items to bring:
- Original child birth certificate.
- Father and mother's passport.
- Father and mother's identification card.
REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE
RE-REGISTRATION OF NON-MUSLIM MARRIAGE THAT HAS BEEN SOLEMNISED ABROAD ACCORDING TO FOREIGN LAWS (Sec.31, Act 164)
The couple need to be present at the NRD Counter/Malaysian Representative Offices abroad during application and registration of marriage.
• Registration of marriage under Section 31 must be made within 6 months from the date the marriage was registered under foreign laws. A PENALTY will be imposed for registration after the 6 months period.
1. Identity Card for citizens
2. Passport for non-citizens together with photostat copy of personal information and date of arrival in Malaysia.
3. One (1) colour photograph measuring (32mm X 38mm) against a white background for each person.
ORIGINAL and photostat copies of the foreign Marriage Certificate. (If the certificate is in a foreign language, it must be translated into Malay or English by an accredited translator)
Application Form – JPN.KC06
1.Marriage Certificate = RM20.00 (in cash)
2.Penalty for late registration = First Year RM100.00 Every subsequent yeqr RM 50.00
Both husband and wife are advised to be present at the marriage counter during application and registration of marriage.