Other Information Other Information



Purchase Agreement, Power of Attorney, etc. requires attestation by the Consular Division.
Documents needed for authentication are:
a) Passport and its copy
b) Document issued by Malaysian authorities and a copy each of the documents submitted

Certification of Malaysian documents such as Birth Certificates, School Certificates etc.
a) Original document and its copy

Documents issued by the local authorities in the Republic of Croatia such as Civil Registrar office of the Republic of Croatia (no impediment to marriage letter, marriage and birth certificate etc), or any Croatian institution document are to be authenticated/legalised by the Consular Official at the Embassy of Malaysia, Zagreb before its usage in Malaysia.
Assistance To Malaysian Citizens Arrested / Detained By Local Authorities Abroad

The Government of countries who is a party to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations 1963 has a responsibility to inform the Government of other party countries of the arrest / detention of its citizen as soon as it is made. However, this obligation is not always observed due to problems in communication, or there are cases where the arrested person does not want his/her Government to be informed.

In cases where the Embassy of Malaysia Zagreb is informed of the arrest / detention of a Malaysian citizen, the Embassy will convey the information to the family / next of kin.     

Among the information required for the report are as follows:

a) Name of the person arrested/ detained.
b) Passport and Identification Card number.
c) Picture of the person
d) Address / location of residence abroad
e) Telephone number.
f) Cause of arrest / detention
g) Any other information deemed relevant.
The Consular Division will seek assistance from the respective local police/ prison service to inquire about the case. The family will be informed of the result of the investigation, if any.

In cases where Malaysian citizens are arrested / detained abroad, the ability of the Embassy/Consulate General/High Commission to give assistance is limited. The law of the particular country where a Malaysian is arrested / detained is supreme and has to be obeyed and respected. International rules and customs dictate that consular assistance from a foreign mission cannot override the law and regulations of the particular country.

The Embassy of Malaysia, Zagreb will assist to the greatest extent possible any Malaysian Citizen arrested / detained.  However, the form of assistance depends on what is allowed by the host country authorities. Therefore, Malaysians intending to go abroad are advised to behave in a proper manner so as to avoid any problems with foreign local authorities.  

What we can do to assist Malaysian arrested / detained:
a) Contact the arrested / detained person.
b) Arrange for family / next of kin to be informed if you wish.
c) Give you advice and guidance with the primary aim of helping you to help     
d) Provide a list of local doctors and lawyers.
What we cannot do:
a) Give legal advice, intervene in court proceedings or provide funds to pay for your 
    legal costs or fines.
b) Go against the local law to help you.
c) Become involved with the host government’s affairs to get you out of prison or
    obtain special treatment in prison.
d) Bail or pay for fines.
e) Become a bailsman, guarantor or sponsor.
Other than those listed above, the Embassy will not:
a) Help you find a job overseas
b) Arrange visas, work or residence permits for/in other countries, or help you obtain them.
c) Become involved with judicial affairs on your behalf in child custody cases in cases of mixed marriages.
d) Pay or guarantee payment of your hotel, medical or any other bills, including the cost of returning lost luggage to Malaysia.
e) Act as travel agent, bank or post office or store your luggage.
f) Become involved in commercial disputes or take up complaints about local purchase, etc.
g) Provide translation, interpreter, telephone or photocopy services.
h) Investigate crimes in foreign countries.
i) Get you better condition in hospital than a local national would receive.
If the family member requires legal advice or needs to visit the arrested / detained person, the application needs to be submitted to the Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. All costs incurred will be borne by the family.
After completion of sentence (if found guilty), the person will be deported back to Malaysia. In some countries, cost of deportation will be borne by the country concerned while in other countries, the family needs to bear the cost.
If the cost of deportation has to be borne by the family, you are required to deposit the amount in the Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. An official receipt will be issued to the depositor.
The family will be informed of the details of arrival.
Demise Of Malaysian Citizen Overseas
In the event of the death of a Malaysian Citizen, the following procedures should be observed.
1)  Repatriation of Human Remains - The following documents are required in order for the Embassy to issue details to accompany the remains of the deceased for Malaysian Customs and Immigration purpose.
a) Death Certificate issued by appropriate institution of the Republic of Croatia 
b) Embalming / Cremation Certificate
c) Passport of the deceased
d) Malaysian Identity Card of the deceased
e) Passport of a member of the family accompanying the deceased
f) Flight details of next of kin
NOTE: The Malaysian Passport and the Malaysian Identity Card of the deceased should be submitted to the Embassy. Certified copies of these documents will be handed to the family member.
Application Of Renunciation Of Malaysian Citizenship
Please be informed that Malaysian Citizens who wish to renounce their citizenship are required to provide the following documents and must come in person to the Consular Division of the Embassy.
a) Original Malaysian Identity Card
b) Original Malaysian Passport
c) Original Malaysian Birth Certificate
d) Original Malaysian Citizenship Certificate (if available)
e) Proof of others citizenship/ travel document issued by the foreign country i.e.
    Croatian Passport, Citizenship Certificate or any other similar documents
f) Marriage Certificate (Female under 21 years)
g) Two passport sized photos

Report of Missing Malaysian Citizen Abroad
In case of missing Malaysian citizens abroad, relative/family/acquaintance need to make report to:
Consular Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia
Wisma Putra
No.1, Jalan Wisma Putra
Precint 2, 62602 PUTRAJAYA
Telephone No.: +603 – 8887 4000
E-mail: konsular@kln.gov.my

Embassy of Malaysia Zagreb
Slavujevac, 4A
10000 ZAGREB
Republic of Croatia 
Telephone No.: +385 148 343 46 
Fax:  +385 148 343 48
E-mail: mwzagreb@kln.gov.my
Information required for the report:
a) Full name of the missing person
b) Date and place of birth
c) Identification card number
d) Details of Malaysian Passport
e) Date of departure from Malaysia and destination
f) Date of arrival at the particular country
g) Reasons for being abroad
h) Last known address and telephone number abroad of the missing person (if    available)
i) Last known address of the place of work (if available)
j) Other addresses
k) Name and address of family to be contacted in Malaysia
l) Name, address and telephone number of the person making the report
The Embassy will seek assistance from the local police to investigate the case. The family will be informed of the result of the investigation in due course.

Report Of Lost Malaysian Identity Card And Malaysian Driving License 

In case of lost Malaysian identity card or Malaysian driving license, please do the following:
1. Report the loss to the nearest police station. (Please obtain a copy of  the report)
2. File a report at the Embassy/Consulate General/High Commission of Malaysia by submitting the following:
a) A copy of the police report
b) A valid passport or other documents that can be used as proof of  citizenship (if your passport is lost while  abroad)
c) Personal letter confirming the loss
Note: If you lose your Malaysian passport please refer to the lost passport webpage. http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=34&lang=en
Issuance Of Good Conduct Cerftificate 

Malaysians and foreigners (those who have stayed in Malaysia for one (1) year and beyond) who wish to apply for the Good Conduct Certificate can do so at the nearest Embassy/Consulate General/High Commission of Malaysia.  
Applicants must apply through on-line system : https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my/en/

Check your application status in the system.  Please collect GCC at the Embassy while approved. Fee RM20.00.

Registration of voters for Malaysians abroad is divided into two categories:
1. Postal Voters / Absentee Voters consisting of:
   a) Members of the Armed forces who are in service.
   b) Government Personnel (Federal Government, States Service or local authorities)

       who are in service abroad.
   c) Individuals studying full time abroad (only if they are sponsored   by the Government).
   d) Spouses to the those listed above.
2. Normal Voters
   a) Comprising of Malaysian Citizens other than those stated above.
The office of Malaysian Missions overseas will register the voters on behalf of the Election Commission of Malaysia (SPR). The Embassy of Malaysia will make an announcement for the registration and checking of the voters register when it is requested by SPR for this to be done.
The Embassy will assist you with the registration process. The documents required for registration are:
a) Identification document that confirms the applicant’s citizenship.  
b) Three (3) passport sized photograph.

Normal voters need to return to Malaysia to cast their votes based on the area they have registered in. For postal voters, casting of votes is made by post. Voting papers will be distributed once the Embassy has received these from SPR.



(for a child born overseas whose father is a citizen of Malaysia)
Application fee    RM20.00
Form W fee    RM10.00
(for a child under the age of 21 whose parent is a citizen of Malaysia)
Solemnisation and registration of marriage at the Embassy
(a)  Declaration fee   RM10.00
(b)  Marriage Register fee  RM20.00
Re-registration of marriage contracted under the law of 
Republic of Croatia     
(a)  Marriage Register fee  RM20.00
(b)  Late Penalty (if any):     
        - first year    RM100.00
        - every subsequent year  RM50.00
Authentication of documents drawn in Republic of Croatia for submission to authorities in MalaysiaRM20.00
Authentication of documents drawn in Malaysia for submission to authorities in Republic of CroatiaRM20.00
Attestation of signature   RM20.00
Statutory declaration   RM20.00
Translation of standard documents issued by Malaysian authorities (i.e. passport, identity card, driving licence and birth, marriage and death certificates)RM20.00
Confirmation of name or single status RM20.00
Letter of no impediment to contract a marriage in Republic of CroatiaRM20.00