CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA IN MUMBAI
Inquiries and the application for visa, new or renewal of Malaysian Passports and Emergency Certificate may be submitted to the Visa Section of the Consulate at the following address:
1st Floor, Notan Plaza, Turner Road, Bandra (W),
Mumbai 400050, India
Tel. No. +91-22-26455541/42 Fax: +91-22-26455543
The Visa Section deals with the following services:
• Application for Short Visit Visa to enter Malaysia
• Application for New/Renewal of Malaysian Passport
• Application for Emergency Certificate
A. APPLICATION FOR VISA TO ENTER MALAYSIA FOR SHORT VISIT (SOCIAL/TOURIST/BUSINESS)
All the authorized travel agents and applicants (individual) are hereby informed that effective from Thursday, 15 September 2016 all visa applications will be accepted at the One Stop Centre Malaysia Visa (OSC). Processing time for Mumbai is four (04) working days*(including day of submission at OSC). The Consulate General will not entertain any application submitted directly by individuals, companies or groups. For information, pls call +91-22-26455541/42.
How to apply for a Visa?
Visa applications must be submitted through a One Stop Centre Malaysia Visa (OSC) at the address mentioned below:
One Stop Centre Malaysia Visa, Mumbai
Urmi Axis Building, Ground Floor, Behind Famous Studio,
Opp. E Moses Road,
Mahalaxmi (west) Mumbai – 400011, India.
1. Application for a Visa Without Reference
Documents required for the application of a visa without reference (approval of visa is given by Consulate General of Malaysia) are:
• Original passport
• Two (2) photocopies of the applicant's passport
• Two (2) photocopies of the visa application form (Form IMM.47)
• Two (2) recent coloured passport sized photographs with white background only. (Dimensions: 3.5cm X 5cm)
• Original and two (2) photocopies of the ticket (confirmed and returned ticket)
• Bank statement / traveller's cheque
• Invitation letter (if any)
• Payment of visa fee Rs 1,000.00
Note : Visa Without Reference is required for the purpose of a social visit.
2. Application for a Visa With Reference Documents which are required for the application of a visa with reference (visa will issued after the application is being referred and approved by the Department of Immigration Malaysia / Other Agencies of Authority):
• Original approval letter from the Immigration Department of Malaysia/other authority agencies • Original passport • Two (2) photocopies of the applicant's passport
• Two (2) photocopies of visa application form (Form IMM.47)
• Two (2) recent coloured passport size photograph of applicant with white background only. (Dimensions : 3.5cm X 5cm)
• Original and two (2) photocopies of an air ticket
• Payment of visa fee Rs 1,000.00 Note: Visa With Reference is required for students, those seeking employment, dependants and professionals on a visit pass.
The visa fee of Rs.1,000.00 is payable at the time of application in a "Bank Draft" payable to the CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA MUMBAI.
India Citizen : Rs 1000.00
Others Citizenship : Rs 400.00
The processing fee of Rs 4,720.00 including government applicable taxes per application, is payable at the time of application in "Bank Draft" payable to the OSC Global Processing Private Limited at Mumbai.
B. APPLICATION FOR A NEW / RENEWAL OF MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
Application for a new Malaysian passport may take between one (1) to three (3) months for all complete applications. All incomplete applications will be returned to the sender. Please complete the Passport Application form (IM.42 - Pin. 1/97) which is available at the Consulate General of Malaysia or can be downloaded from http://www.imi.gov.my/images/Forms/pasport/im42.pdf. The completed form can be submitted with the following documents either in person to the Consulate General of Malaysia in Mumbai:
i. Applicant's Malaysian Passport and a photocopy of pages with bearer details on it and pages bearing Indian residency permit/visa.
ii. Applicant's original Malaysian Identity card and a photocopy of the front and back.
iii. Original Malaysian birth certificate (not applicable if you are over 12 years of age) and a photocopy.
iv. Original Malaysian Citizenship certificate if born before 31.08.1957 and a photocopy.
v. Two (2) recent coloured passport sized photographs with plain white background only. Dimensions: 3.5cm X 5cm and must according to ICAO standard and specification.
vi. Original Indian Permanent Resident (PR) card (if any) and a photocopy of the front and back.
viii. The fee of Rs.4,000.00 is payable at the time of application in Bank Draft payable to the CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA MUMBAI.
C. APPLICATION FOR EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE
An Emergency Certificate may be issued by the Consulate General of Malaysia to Malaysian who lost their passports overseas to enable them to travel back to Malaysia (one way trip).
The application for an Emergency Certificate may be submitted to the Consulate General of Malaysia in Mumbai by completing the Passport Application form (IM.42 - Pin. 1/97) which is available at the Consulate or can be downloaded from http://www.imi.gov.my/images/Forms/pasport/im42.pdf and to be accompanied by the following documents:
i. A copy of the police report.
ii. Other documents that can be used as proof of citizenship.
iii. Two (2) recent coloured passport sized photographs with plain white background only. Dimensions: 3.5cm X 5cm.
iv. The fee of Rs.1,000.00 is payable at the time of application in Bank Draft payable to the CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA MUMBAI.
FEES SCHEDULE FOR PASSPORT RENEWAL AT THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA IN MUMBAI (With effect from 14th January 2015)
|Items||Fees in INR|
|Malaysia Passport (New/Renewal)||4,000.00|
|Malaysia Passport (New/Renewal) for children under 12 years old and senior citizen 60 years old and above||2,000.00|
|Emergency Certificate (EC)||1,000.00|
D. OTHER INFORMATION
TRANSIT WITHOUT VISA (TWOV)
1). TWOV facility is offered only to Indian Sub Continental Countries citizens.
2). TWOV cannot be given to visitors who do not possess visa from 3rd country of destination as follows
• New Zealand
• United States of America
• South Korea
3). TWOV facility cannot exceed more than 120 hours (5 days).
4). TWOV facility is not available at entry point other than Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2)
5). TWOV cannot be offered to passenger sponsored by airlines other than Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia and Malindo Air. At present only these 3 airlines have agreed and accepted all terms and conditions imposed by the Malaysian Government.
6). TWOV cannot be given to visitors who do not meet the following requirement:
• Valid national passport or internationally recognized travel document;
• Travel documents valid for more than six (6) months from the date of entry;
• A return ticket to country of origin/confirmed ticket to third country;
• Not listed in the Immigration Department's suspected list.
7). There will be no extension of TWOV facility.
8). Permanent resident and long term pass holder are not bound to any of the TWOV regulations and condition stipulated above.
9). TWOV will be issued free of charge at the Visa on Arrival counter at the immigration clearance upon arrival.