THE MISSION'S HISTORY
The Embassy of Malaysia in Ireland was established in Dublin in November 2001. Prior to that, diplomatic relations between Malaysia and Ireland was covered by the High Commission of Malaysia in London.
Initially, the Chancery was situated at Stephen's Hall in Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2. In July 2003, the Chancery moved to its current location in Shelbourne House, Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
The previous Ambassadors of Malaysia to Ireland were as follows:
- H.E. Dato' Ali bin Abdullah (2001 - 2005);
- H.E. Dato' Siddiq Firdause bin Haji Mohd Ali (2005 - 2007);
- H.E. Raja Dato' Nazrin bin Raja Aznam (9 October 2008 - 13 March 2010);
- H.E. Dato' Ramli bin Naam (15 July 2011 - 3 April 2014);
- H.E. Dato' Syed Sultan bin Mohd Idris (1 August 2014 - 28 December 2016); and
- H.E. Anizan @ Siti Hajjar binti Adnin (27 March 2017 - 6 September 2018).