LATEST ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR VISITORS TO MALAYSIA
Pursuant to previous regulations, all travellers entering Malaysia from overseas are required to undergo mandatory quarantine at designated quarantine centres. Effective 14 December 2020, the Ministry of Health of Malaysia has updated the relevant procedures, particularly by shortening the quarantine period from 14 days to seven days for travellers who present valid RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test results, and 10 days for travellers who do not present valid RT-PCR COVID-19 negative test results.
In this regard, effective from 14 December 2020, travellers who are scheduled to enter Malaysia are to observe the following:
1. Undergo RT-PCR COVID-19 testing three days prior to departure to Malaysia (not mandatory - but the test must be taken 72hours before departure to qualify for 7 days of quarantine);
2. Download and complete the health declaration in the MySejahtera app prior to departure;
3. Pay the relevant charges to the Malaysian Government including for COVID-19 test, quarantine and hospitalisation (if relevant).
*Complete payments for both PCR test and quarantine charges can be made before arrival in Malaysia through the MySafeTravel application. The system can be accessed via the following link https://safetravel.myeg.com.my/.
4. Travellers, are still required to submit a Letter of Undertaking and Indemnity (LOU) along with MTP approval (for non-Malaysians), passport copy and flight itinerary to firstname.lastname@example.org three (3) working days before departure, for the issuance of Travel Notice by the Embassy of Malaysia in Tokyo.
5. Travellers are also advised to check with their respective airlines on any travel requirements to avoid delays during your departure.
For clarifications/enquiries, please contact us via Messenger, email (email@example.com) or phone (03-3476 3840)
NEW INFORMATION REGARDING CONSULAR SERVICES AT THE EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA IN TOKYO
Effective 1 July 2021, the Embassy’s Consular Counter will be opened every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (excluding public holidays), from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm.
Before visiting the Embassy, visitors are required to make an appointment by phone (03-3476 3840).