UPDATE: 14-DAY QUARANTINE FOR TRAVELLERS FROM COUNTRIES WITH REPORTED COVID-19 VARIANT OF CONCERN (VOC)
Starting from May 2021, travellers to Malaysia from countries with reported COVID-19 Variant of Concern will have to undergo a 14-day quarantine (instead of the previous 7-10 days) at designated quarantine centers.
2. The list of countries can be referred here: http://covid-19.moh.gov.my/garis-panduan/gp-umum-covid19/senarai-negara- penularan-variant-of-concern-voc
3. Travellers from the listed countries must also undergo a PCR test not more than 72 hours before departing for Malaysia.
4. Travelers from other countries but are transiting in the listed countries will not be subject to the 14-day quarantine if the transit duration is less than 8 hours, and if the traveller remains in the airport.
5. The 14-day quarantine does not apply to travellers under the category of “Business Traveller”
6. The 14-day quarantine also does not apply to travellers from Taiwan and Hong Kong.
7. Kindly note that other existing entry requirements such as visa requirements, PCR testing, and entry approval through MyEntry / MyTravelPass as well as existing conditions for business travellers under the Malaysian Investment Development Agency (MIDA)’s One Stop Center are still in force.
High Commission of Malaysia in Abuja, Nigeria
6 May 2021