REQUIREMENTS FOR RETURNING MALAYSIANS TO PAY 50% OF QUARANTINE COST AND FOR NON-MALAYSIANS TO PAY FULL QUARANTINE COST BEGINNING 1 JUNE 2020
1. Following the Malaysian Government’s decision on 21 May 2020, all Malaysian citizens arriving in the country beginning 1 June 2020 will have to bear 50% of the quarantine cost which is RM75.00 per day.
2. For non-Malaysian citizens who are allowed to enter the country, they will have to bear the full quarantine cost which is RM150.00 per day.
3. If you have confirmed your flights to return to Malaysia from New Zealand starting from 1 June 2020, you MUST fulfil the following requirements:
(i) Print and fill in the Letter of Undertaking and Indemnity (LoU):
- For Malaysians, the LoU is accessible via https://www.kln.gov.my/documents/8390448/8392184/Doc+A_Flowchart+BM_Garis+Panduan.pdf/3c6a23eb-4806-4131-afe7-9f14f9ef5a9c.
- For non-Malaysians, the LoU is accessible via https://www.kln.gov.my/documents/8390448/8392184/Doc+D_Flowchart+BI_2/ac9c75b3-4924-4d0c-b7c9-e7c90c75b343. Non-Malaysians who can enter Malaysia include expatriates, holders of MM2H, Permanent Resident status holders or non-citizens who have been approved by the Director-General of Immigration to enter Malaysia.
- The link above also contains the guidelines on the entry and quarantine process for your reference.
(ii) Email the completed LoU to the High Commission of Malaysia in Wellington via firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before your date of departure from New Zealand. If the LoU is in order, the High Commission will email you a letter to permit your entry into Malaysia.
(iii) Print the approval letter and bring it to the airport. You will be requested to show the letter during check-in process. Failure to do so could cause you to be denied boarding by the airlines.
(iv) After arriving at KLIA, be ready to present the completed LoU to the officials on duty.
4. If you need further clarification on the process, you may contact the High Commission via:
- e-mail to email@example.com
- phone call to 04-3852439 (during office hours) / 021-0440188 (after hours)
- Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/malaysianHCNZ.