Since 3 July 2013, Malaysian and foreign nationals are able to apply the Certificate of Good Conduct (CGC) online. The process will take approximately 1-2 months to complete.
While all Malaysian nationals can submit their applications unconditionally, foreign nationals who wish to apply for the CGC must fulfill a precondition that they had stayed in Malaysia for a period of at least 12 consecutive months under long-term social visit pass i.e., employment pass, student pass, expatriate pass and being a spouse to a Malaysian national.
The steps to apply the CGC is as per below:
- Log on to the e-Consular service hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia at http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/online.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload your recent passport-sized photograph.
- Click "Submit" button.
- Print the Acknowledgement Slip after the completion of application process. Note: When the CGC is ready for collection, the applicant must present the Acknowledgement Slip to the High Commission.
- Check your application status from time to time by using the same ID and password when you submitted your application online.
As per successful application, your CGC status will be ready for collection. It can be collected at the High Commission in Wellington and you are expected to bring along the following items:
- Application Acknowledgement Slip.
- NZ$10 processing fee in the form of bank draft or cash payable to the High Commission of Malaysia.
- If another individual is collecting the CGC on behalf of an applicant, the individual must present a letter of authorisation from the applicant.
Note: If the applicant wishes to receive the CGC by post, the applicant is required to mail Item 1, Item 2 and a self-addressed envelope (A5 size) to the High Commission.
In the case that your application is unsuccessful, please contact the Consular Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia at +603-8887 4000 or the High Commission at +64-4-3852439 for further information.