MALAYSIAN TECHNICAL COOPERATION PROGRAMME (MTCP) SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2021
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) was established in 1980 as Malaysia’s commitment to South-South Cooperation through the sharing of Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries.
- The objectives of the MTCP are:
- To share experience with other developing countries;
- To strengthen bilateral ties with developing countries;
- To encourage and promote South-South Cooperation; and
- To encourage and promote technical cooperation within developing countries.
- MTCP is premised on the principle that the development of a country is dependent on the quality of its human capital and resources. MTCP emphasizes on human resources development mainly through training and capacity-building courses including short-term courses at Malaysian public and private training institutions, and long-term courses at Malaysian public universities.
- Annually, Malaysia's flagship MTCP offers more than 60 technical training and capacity-building programmes in vast areas of development to developing countries in collaboration with leading local training institutions and international development partners. To date, more than 34,500 participants from 144 developing countries have benefited from the various programmes offered under the MTCP.
- The MTCP Scholarship is sponsored by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country. The duration of the award is between 12 to 24 months for Master’s Degree Programme.
- The MTCP Scholarship is open to eligible candidates from the developing countries. Further details of the scholarship can be accessed through this link:
The online application system is open from 5th July 2021 until 16th August 2021.