- Applicants are advised to read the instruction carefully before fill up the form.
- All application must be in BLOCK LETTERS (Capital Letters) write clearly and neat.
- Applications which are not clear without Block Letters will not be accepted/ process. This will delay the entire application.
- Therefore, please ensure the forms are filled up carefully and clearly in BLACK INK.
|REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE FOR NON-MUSLIMS |
Conditions of Application
|Application Procedures |
- Both parties are required to be present during registration at the High Commission;
- Malaysian whose marriage was solemnised by the Registry of Marriage (ROM) Singapore should report their marriage at the High Commission of Malaysia within the period of six months from the date of marriage.If registration is made after six months, a penalty of SGD 50.00 would be charged for the first year and SGD 20.00 for each subsequent year. All payments must be made in Singapore Dollar.
|Fee / Documents To Be Submitted |
- Application form (Borang JPN.KC 06) duly-filled 2 Sets
- Malaysian identity card (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Singapore permanent resident card (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Singapore pink identity card/ Foreign Identity Card (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Birth certificates of both parties (Original & 2 photocopies)
(For Birth Certificate other than Malaysia, please provide an english translation)
- Singapore marriage certificate (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Decree nisi absolute (divorce certificate), if applicable (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Death certificate of previous spouse, if appicable (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Passport of both parties (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Recent passport-sized coloured photograph (Two(2) each)
- Registration fee SGD 10.00 (cash only)
- Proof of residence in Singapore (Dependant Pass,S-Pass,Employment Pass Work Permit/Long-term pass) (Original &2 photocopies)
- Collection of certificate (JPN.KC 07) is after three(3) working days: 2.30 pm - 4.00 pm;
- All photocopies of documents must be in A4 size paper;
- Application without sufficient supporting documents will not be entertained.
- Applicant with a foreign marriage certificates (except Singapore) has to register for the Malaysian marriage certificate in any National Registration Department (JPN) in Malaysia
|APPLICATION OF CITIZENSHIP FOR A NEW-BORN CHILD |
MALAYSIAN CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE (PENGESAHAN TARAF / BORANG H)
Conditions / Eligibility of Application
- Registration must be done within one year from the date of birth of child;
- Father of the child has to be a Malaysian citizen for Borang H application.
If the father is not Malaysian / Application for children above one year, Pengesahan Taraf Warganegara (PTW) will be submitted for the citizenship application and it is subject to approval by JPN
- Child must be present during registration for attestation of baby's thumprint
- Parents are legally married and obtained Malaysian marriage certificate issued by the JPN
- Application Form (Borang D / JPN.WN02 - Borang Daftar Kelahiran Luar Negara) cannot be downloaded. It is only available at the Consular Section of the High Commission.
- The application form must be filled up in block letters & black ink only
Fee / Documents To Be Submitted
- Application Form (Borang D) duly-filled 1 sets
- Singapore birth certificate of child (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Birth certificate of both parents (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Paspport of both parents (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Malaysian marriage certificate (Original & 2 photocopies)
- Identity cards of both parents (Malaysia & Singapore PR) (Original & 2 photocopies)
(or Work Permit/ Visit Pass/ Dependant Pass/etc)
- Passport-sized photograph of child - (white background) 4 pieces (2 photos for registration of birth (Borang D) & 2 for passport application)
- Passport-sized colored photographs of both parents 2 pieces each
- CASH ONLY : Registration fee: SGD 15.00 (Borang H)
SGD 20.00 (Pengesahan Taraf Warganegara (PTW))
|Submission & Collection |
- Submission of application: Monday - Thursday (8.00am to 12.00pm) and Friday (8.00am to 11.30am)
- Collection of Borang H is after three (3) working days : 9.00am to 11.00am;
- The Collection of PTW certificate is subject to JPN approval. We will notify you once approved and ready for collection.
|Other Submission Requirement |
|Translation of Parents' Documents (Foreign Spouse) |
- Parent's birth certificate / documents (foreign languange) must be translated into English
- and duly endorsed by the respective High Commission / Embassy / Consulate;
For any enquiry please contact us:
Telephone: 6887 6250
Update :28 June 2022