MR. MOHD HAFIZ OTHMAN
PERMANENT MISSION OF MALAYSIA TO THE UNITED NATIONS
AT THE 408th MEETING OF THE COMMITTEE ON THE EXERCISE OF THE INALIENABLE RIGHTS OF THE PALESTINIAN PEOPLE (CEIRPP)
30 AUGUST 2022
Thank you, Mr. Chair and to both briefers for your presentation today.
2. At the outset, my delegation wishes to express its support for the adoption of the draft annual report of the Committee to the General Assembly as reflected in document A/77/35.
3. I wish to reaffirm Malaysia's unequivocal support to the Palestinian people for their inalienable rights based on the pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital.
4. Malaysia, as a member of this Committee, will continue to highlight the human rights violations of Israel against Palestinians, including its apartheid policies. We will also continue urging all Member States to respect and implement the Security Council resolution 2334. We will also unequivocally support the full membership of the State of Palestine in the UN.
5. I also wish to reaffirm Malaysia's support and commitment to the work and mandate of UNRWA, including through our predictable and long-term financial contribution to this Agency.
6. Let me conclude by reiterating my Permanent Representative’s call in the last Committee’s meeting, in which he called the Committee members to strengthen their solidarity and unity in supporting the Palestinian people in realising their inalienable rights to self–determination, freedom, and independence.
Thank you, Mr. Chair.