Application for Malaysian Visa
A. Required documents:
- Completed and signed Visa Application form (IM.47);
- Applicant’s original passport (with at least six months validity) and a copy of the passport;
- Original and one copy of applicant’s Permanent Resident card or valid US visa (B1/B2 tourist visas are not accepted);
- Return postage USPS Express Mail Stamp only (for mail in Application);
- Two (2) recent passport-sized photographs;
- Copy of confirmed flight itinerary showing dates of arrival and departure to and from Malaysia;
- Copy of hotel reservation or proof of accommodation in Malaysia;
- Copy of employment letter (or any other proof of employment or proof of school enrolment); and
- Copy of applicant’s most recent bank statement (1 month minimum US$500.00).
B. Visa Fees:
The payment must be in cash or money order made payable to “Consulate General of Malaysia”. Money order is accepted ONLY from:
- The United State Postal Service (USPS);
- Western Union; or
- Visa applications must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to date of travel.
- The processing time is three (3) business day after the date of submission.
- Visa applications for business travels can be submitted using visa service agency. Applications for tourist visas should be submitted in-person or by mail.
- A list of foreign nationals who require Visa to enter Malaysia can be found here.
- Check other requirements needed to enter Malaysia by visiting the Consulate General of Malaysia in New York’s website.