AT EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA, WASHINGTON D.C.
Please be advised that both parents and newborn child MUST be present at the Embassy of Malaysia to register the birth of your newborn child within one (1) year. Kindly email us to set up an appointment at your earliest convenience.
To obtain a Birth Certificate (Borang H), please make sure you follow the requirements below;
- Your Child’s USA Birth Certificate MUST be notarized/certified true by a Notary Public first
Then you are required to bring all of these documents during your appointment with the Consular Section;
- Original and two (2) notarized/certified true (original copies) of child’s USA Birth Certificate.
- Original and two (2) copies of parents Malaysian Identity Card.
- Original and two (2) copies of parents Birth Certificate.
- Original and two (2) copies of Malaysian Marriage Certificate.
- Original and two (2) copies of parents Malaysian Passport.
- Fee of USD8.00 by US Postal Money Order made payable to “Embassy of Malaysia”
- Two (2) recently taken passport size photograph of the child (white background)
- For return postage – USPS Express Mail only
(We require envelope, label and one single stamp of US$26.35 available from your local Post Office)
Instruction by Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara Malaysia:
Both parents must be present with their newborn child at the Embassy of Malaysia for the Registration of Birth
- Registration of new born child should be done within a year from the date of birth. Failure to do so will cause delay in processing and has to be referred to Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara, Malaysia (Registrar of Birth & Death of the Citizens Registrar’s Office) for approval. A letter from the father explaining the reason for the delay in registering is required
- ‘Borang D’ must be signed only by the father (Malaysian). Mother’s signature is not acceptable; Borang D will be given upon registration at the Consular Section.
- “Area of Jurisdiction”
Please observe the Area of Jurisdiction below. Please contact the Embassy/Consulate office depending on the state you live in
EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA, WASHINGTON DC – email@example.com
ALABAMA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MARYLAND, MISSISSIPPI, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, OHIO, TENNESSEE, TEXAS, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA & WASHINGTON DC
CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA, LOS ANGELES CA – firstname.lastname@example.org
ALASKA, ARIZONA, COLORADO, HAWAII, IDAHO, KANSAS, MONTANA, NEVADA, NEBRASKA, NEW MEXICO, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, OREGON, UTAH, WASHINGTON STATE, WYOMING & CALIFORNIA
CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA, NEW YORK NY - email@example.com
ARKANSAS, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, IOWA, MAINE, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WISCONSIN & NEW YORK