INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE (TRAVEL DOCUMENT)
AT EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA, WASHINGTON D.C.
You are required to come in person to submit your application. Kindly contact us to schedule an appointment. Application by mail will only be considered with a valid written explanation.
- Original Passport
- Borang IM.42 completed and signed by applicant
(IMPORTANT: Please be sure to place your right thumb print as indicated on the application form IM.42)
- Two (2) notarized (original copies) of Malaysian Identity Card (Front & Back)
- Two (2) notarized (original copies) of Malaysian Birth Certificate
- Fully completed Registration of Malaysian Citizens in the USA form and contact information form
- A copy of your flight itinerary OR copy of airline ticket
- The processing fee is US$D16.00 - Money Order made payable to “Embassy of Malaysia”. (We do not accept personal checks or credit cards)
- Three (3) passport-sized photograph – 2inch x 2 inch / white background only; taken within 2 weeks (please do not attach to application form)
- For return postage – USPS Express Mail only
(We require envelope, label and one single stamp of US$26.35 available from your local Post Office)
1. To ensure a prompt processing please make sure that all supporting documents are certified/notarized by a Notary Public. Failure to do so will only delay the process of your application.
2. The Emergency Certificate (Travel Document) has limited validity from the date of issue. Kindly plan your trip accordingly.
LIST OF COUNTRIES THAT DO NOT RECOGNIZE MALAYSIAN EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE (TRAVEL DOCUMENT):
PAPUA NEW GUINEA