ISSUANCE AND RENEWAL OF MALAYSIAN PASSPORT
AT EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA, WASHINGTON D.C.
(The following instructions are valid for applicants under the jurisdiction of the Embassy of Malaysia, Washington D.C. only. Please refer to the “Area of Jurisdiction” at the end of this page)
The Embassy of Malaysia, Washington, D.C. would like to inform you that at this time all passport applications must be submitted via MAIL only.
However, please be advised that the Embassy is not responsible for any documents lost in the mail during this process. Therefore, please make sure you choose a courier service which can track your documents.
In order to process your application efficiently, please be sure to submit all supporting documents as requested below:
1. Fully completed, dated and signed IM42 Form (please sign part E. 13. d and NOT part F. 14)
2. Current Malaysian Passport
3. Two (2) copies of current Malaysian Passport (page with your details only i.e name, passport no, etc)
4. Two (2) notarized (original copies) of MyKad (front and back on the same page)
Old Identification Card (with no chip) will not be accepted. If you do not have a MyKad you will need to get an extraction of your I/C (Cabutan Daftar Kad Pengenalan) from any Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara branch in Malaysia. Any family member can get one for you and the original copy issued by JPN will be needed to process your passport renewal application.
5. Two (2) notarized (original copies) of Malaysian Citizenship certificate or card - only for applicants who were born before 1957 and do not have Malaysian Birth Certificate.
6. Two (2) notarized (original copies) of Permanent Residence Card/Visa status in the USA. For those without a valid visa status, please complete the Statutory Declaration Form (please email us).
7. Three (3) recent passport size photographs - standard 2inch x 2inch
a) White background - Make sure picture is of good quality/no shadows/not too dark or light
b) DO NOT wear any spectacles/colored contact lenses
c) DO NOT wear white colored shirt/dress - wear something dark
d) DO NOT wear any hair accessories/large ear rings
e) DO NOT show your teeth
f) Make sure eyebrows, forehead and ears are clearly visible - push your hair to the back
g) If you are wearing a headscarf, please makes sure your eyebrows and forehead is seen
8. Completed and signed Registration of Malaysian Citizens in the USA form and contact information form
9. For children under 18 years old:
Must include all the above documents (where applicable) including the following supporting documents:
a) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of parents Malaysian Identity Card
b) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of parents Malaysian Passport
c) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of parents Malaysian Marriage Certificate
d) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of parents Malaysian Birth Certificate
e) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of parents US Permanent Residence Card/Visa status in the USA
f) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of child’s Malaysian Birth Certificate, Borang W/Borang H
g) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of child’s Malaysian MyKid/MyKad (above 17 years old must have)
h) Two (2) notarized (original copies) of child’s Permanent Residence Card/Visa status in the USA
i) Completed and signed Borang A1/B1. (Kindly leave the “Saksi” part blank)
j) Either Malaysian parent must sign the application form (IM42) at section 13(d) and below it
10. Passport fees:
All payments must be via USPS Money Order only (available from your local Post Office) made payable to: “Embassy of Malaysia”. Other Money Order or Cashier's Check will not be accepted.
a) Children under 12 years - US$35.00
b) Students between 19-21 years with F-1 Visa (sponsored by Malaysia Government only – proof of sponsorship required) - US$35.00
c) Senior Citizen (age 60 and above) - US$35.00
d) Others – US$70.00
e) Persons with disabilities (copy of OKU card required) – GRATIS.
11. For return postage – USPS Express Mail (US$26.95) only
(We require - 1 envelope, 1 label and stamps amounting to US$26.95 available from your local Post Office)
- include all in your package to us. Make sure you complete your name and address on the mailing label. DO NOT STICK anything on the envelope.
MAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of Malaysia
3516 International Court, NW
Washington D.C. 20008
Tel: (202) 572 9700 | Fax: (202) 572 9882
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Please be sure to place your right or left (either one) thumb print as indicated on the application form IM.42 (use black ink only)
- To ensure immediate processing, please make sure that all supporting documents are notarized by a Notary Public.
- Incomplete application will be returned back to you, unprocessed at your own expense.
- Processing time may take up to 2 months.
- The Embassy of Malaysia is not responsible for any delay due to unforeseen circumstances or any lost of application in the mail
- All passport applications will be forwarded to the Immigration Department, Consulate General of Malaysia in New York. This has been the practice since 2012.
- You also have the option of going personally to the Consulate General of Malaysia in New York to obtain a new passport within one day. Please contact them for more information at 212-490-2722/23 ext: 108 before you make the trip.
- “Area of Jurisdiction”
Please observe the Area of Jurisdiction below. Please contact the Embassy/Consulate office depending on the state you live in P
EMBASSY OF MALAYSIA, WASHINGTON DC – firstname.lastname@example.org
ALABAMA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MARYLAND, MISSISSIPPI, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, OHIO, TENNESSEE, TEXAS, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA & WASHINGTON DC
CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA, LOS ANGELES CA – email@example.com
ALASKA, ARIZONA, COLORADO, HAWAII, IDAHO, KANSAS, MONTANA, NEVADA, NEBRASKA, NEW MEXICO, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, OREGON, UTAH, WASHINGTON STATE, WYOMING & CALIFORNIA
CONSULATE GENERAL OF MALAYSIA, NEW YORK NY - firstname.lastname@example.org
ARKANSAS, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, IOWA, MAINE, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WISCONSIN & NEW YORK
Updated: 1 August 2022