APPLICATION FOR VISA TO MALAYSIA
For information regarding visa requirements for foreigners entering Malaysia please visit http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/requirement-for-foreigne
Citizens of Brazil who are traveling to Malaysia on their national passport do not require visa to enter Malaysia for a stay not exceeding 90 days either for social or business visit. Those who wish to enter Malaysia for other purposes or for a stay longer than 90 days are required to obtain visa prior to their departure to Malaysia.
Citizens of Guyana and Suriname who are traveling to Malaysia on their national passport do not require visa to enter Malaysia for a stay not exceeding 30 days either for social or business visit. Those who wish to enter Malaysia for other purposes or for a stay longer than 30 days are required to obtain visa prior to their departure to Malaysia.
Applications for visa for Malaysia can be made at Consular Section of the Embassy between 9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. on any working days. Requirements for visa are as follows:
- A visa application form IM.47 (obtainable from the Embassy, official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia (http://www.kln.gov.my) or (https://www.imi.gov.my/portal2017/images/borang/Visa/Borang%20Permohonan%20Visa.pdf);
- A valid passport (passport validity of at least six (6) months prior to departure) (original and photocopy);
- A recent coloured photograph (35mm x 50mm);
- A copy of yellow fever vaccination certificate;
- *A confirmed round-trip ticket or a confirmed ticket to a third country;
- *Financial proof;
- Invitation letter from a sponsor in Malaysia or Visa Approval Letter (VAL) issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia; and,
- Visa fee of RM20.00* payable in equivalent Brazilian Reais or US Dollar.
(*Not applicable to those who are in possession of VAL issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia).
Foreign nationals from countries which require visa for Malaysia may also obtain their visa from the Embassy if they are having a valid residence, work or study visa/permit in Brazil, Guyana or Suriname.
Applicants from Guyana or Suriname who could not submit their applications in person due to distance may submit their applications by using a prepaid DHL courier service. Visa fee can be wire transferred to the Embassy’s bank account. You may contact the Embassy for the account details.
For further information, please contact the Embassy of Malaysia in Brasilia at +5561 3248 5008 / 6215 or e-mail us at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org