Malaysians residing, working or studying in Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia and Mali could renew their passports through the Embassy of Malaysia in Dakar, Senegal.
Applicants are advised to submit their applications well ahead of time (e.g. 6 months before the passport expires or when the passport has 3 pages left) since the renewal application forms are needed to be submitted to the Malaysian Immigration Department in Putrajaya. The requirements for passport renewal are as follows:
- Duly completed IM.42 – Pin 1/97 application form (obtainable from the Embassy or from the Malaysian Immigration Department’s Official Website) ;
- 6 recent coloured passport sized photos with light blue background (3.5 x 5 cm) ;
- Two (2) Copies of Current passport ;
- Two (2) Copies Identity Card ;
- Birth Certificate (if any) ;
- Passport fee of CFA67,500 for 32-page passport ;
- New Application of Malaysian passport for children below 12 years old are required to submit the copies of Birth Certificate, Identity Card of Parents’ and Parents’ Marriage Certificate (in accordance to the Malaysian Law).
- For applicants below 12 years old and students (studying overseas) below 21 years old, the passport fee is CFA 33,750